PDA

View Full Version : Surface Baker Camera baking Errors, UV Border fuzzy!

Infinite
10-13-2008, 01:05 PM
I am currently working on someone elses Model. It doesnt have any UV's so I exported the model from ZBrush with AUV tiles ( which I hate ) I am trying to bake lighting onto the model and have a set a UV border of about 5 on a 2048X2048 baked texture.

It does the job but for some reason introduces little black specks just on the extended border which then bleed onto the model when viewd with the texture!? where do these come from? shouldnt the UVBorder stretch out the rendered polygons pixels all the way?

How can I correct this issue. BTW this is in conjunction with FPRIME using Lightwave 9.3 as 9,5 doesnt support certain features of FPRIME.

ANy help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Lee

Infinite
10-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Is there anyway this can be done manualy? is there a plugin for Photoshop that can extend pixels out from a given point?

Infinite
10-13-2008, 02:41 PM
I can confirm that this is an FPRIME bug as I havent use F9 in quite a while it appears the Lightwave render is fine.

Infinite
10-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Hey Chunder,

Well I have just done some experiments with the Native renderer, without GI I might add and the renders were impressivly quick! I will now try with GI and see what happens but it has got rid of the aweful blackdots.

I hope worley will look into this.

Infinite
10-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Does anyone know how to setup a scene a render to render multiple cameras? one after the other? this way you can render out all your UV's maps at once. I saw womething like this in the forums some where, a type of plugin?

MooseDog
10-13-2008, 08:16 PM
utilities>masterplugins>camera selector

Infinite
10-14-2008, 02:01 AM
Thanks Moosedog

Infinite
10-14-2008, 05:31 AM
Hey Chunderburger:

you tried dponts image filter node and surface baker?

No I havent tried that and it looks like I wont be using F9 to render as with reflections on it's just too dam slow. FPRIME rules but it is giving me a headache with these dam black noise specks! so anoying!

Infinite
10-14-2008, 01:42 PM
we're looking into it

We'll have to spend some time digging deeper and will get back to
you as soon as we can figure out what's going on

This just in from Worely. There does seem to be some sort of bug some where. Hopefully a fix will be available soon :D

Infinite
10-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Sadly it appears it is a bug and there is no fix, not for the immediate future anyway :thumbsdow

Infinite
10-21-2008, 03:43 PM
is this fogged?

Not sure what you mean? Worley have stated this is a bug, not sure if Newtek are working on it. Apparently the original UV Border method is just a complicated hack.

Not sure if it will get fixed.

Some kind of Photoshop plugin would be handy to remedy this?

It's so annoying as Microwave used to do a superb job of creating UV borders, just like Max or Maya.

Mr Rid
10-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Just a thought from past 'odd spots turning up in renders' experiences. Make sure Full Scene Parameter Evaluation is disabled under Preferences-General tab- FSPE near bottom. But Worley would have already mentioned.