PDA

View Full Version : Weird errors in EPS export

Ckeri
10-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Does anybody have any idea what's causing these errors in the map when doing EPS export. Other picture is from modelers UV-view and those errors aren't visible there?

I'm using LW 9.5.

fgreen
10-16-2008, 09:54 AM
This probably has something to do with the points along the edges of the UVs that are connected in 3D but separated in the UV map view. Most of the time when creating UVs from different sides of an object, you see these types of lines in the UV view "connecting" the points that are common to adjacent polys in the model.. Not sure what's up with the EPS having this and the UV view not, as I've never tried to export EPS's from LW. What are you trying to accomplish, perhaps we could suggest a work-around or another approach.

Ckeri
10-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Thanks,

I'm not really trying to do anything, just wondering why these show in EPS export only but not in the modeler view. And it would also be nice to have clean UV-templates to paint on without those errors :)

JeffrySG
10-17-2008, 06:47 AM
If you were looking to get a clean template to paint on, it might be as simple as doing a little cleanup in Illustrator. You could probably select that one point all of those lines are going to and deleting it. You might lose some lines but with a mesh that is that dense it may not make that much of a difference.