PDA

View Full Version : Spline control losing settings on saved scene

biliousfrog
10-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Until fertilizer is released for 64bit I'm forced to use spline control and morph mixer to create growing pipes. The problem is that when I load the saved scene the spline control points have moved back to the start positions. 8/

Here's what I'm doing:

creating a tube with many sections along Z, create new morph, set value so that all of the points are at 0 on Z, save object.

Load object, add spline control, move the control points to create the path of the tube, add morph mixer and set the morph from 100% - 0% during the course of the animation.

The result is a tube that grows along a path.

The problem is that if I save the scene, close it and open it again, the tube goes back to being straight. The spline control plugin is still applied to it but it has been reset.

I'm using XP 64, LW 9.5

biliousfrog
10-14-2008, 07:52 AM
I've submitted a bug report as it seems that spline control is definitely broken, at least it is for me.

I've used curve conform instead and it works perfectly, which does exactly what I need anyway and allows for more accurate curves to be created in Modeler.

Surrealist.
10-14-2008, 01:15 PM
You are not the first. I have heard of this before. There is also Serpent and the trick to "use morphed positions" with bones.

biliousfrog
10-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Just a quick update on the bug report, I was asked to supply an example of the problem (which I did) and the case has been closed.

So I guess that says a lot about Newtek's commitment to fixing problems...just sweep it under the carpet and move on to adding more buttons to the interface instead, nobody will notice. :bangwall:

I honestly don't know what the point in having an open beta is, I've found more broken features in 9.5 than any previous version and I thought that v8 was bad!

3DGFXStudios
10-16-2008, 01:10 PM
I thought they fixed it in beta 1480 ........

biliousfrog
10-16-2008, 01:51 PM
I thought they fixed it in beta 1480 ........

Is that a current beta or was it the beta before the 'production ready', tried n' tested, bug free, bells and whistle's 9.5 version that I'm using?

RonGC
10-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Just a quick update on the bug report, I was asked to supply an example of the problem (which I did) and the case has been closed.

The case being closed is a good thing "it means they fixed it". Nothing to do with brooms though. LOL

Ron

digefxgrp
10-16-2008, 05:30 PM
biliousfrog-

If you're already using 9.5, why not sign up for the Open Beta. At the very least you'll know what those "numbers" mean.:D

biliousfrog
10-17-2008, 02:25 AM
Yeah I think I might. I didn't bother with the previous beta's because I use Lightwave for a living and waited for the official release before upgrading...y'know, to make sure that all the bugs had been ironed out...but as it's just moved into another beta stage I guess I'm not using a finished product anyway.

Sorry, this isn't the place for a rant but I'm not so blinkered to feel priviledged for providing free R&D for a product that doesn't seem to have benefited in any way from the process.

3DGFXStudios
10-17-2008, 05:03 AM
Is that a current beta or was it the beta before the 'production ready', tried n' tested, bug free, bells and whistle's 9.5 version that I'm using?

The current beta fixed it. In 9.5.1 1480 and later it should work. :thumbsup: