PDA

View Full Version : MP3 On/Off Switch

Dub2Dat
10-13-2008, 10:06 AM
Hey Newtek would you PLEASE provide an on/off switch for the automated making of mp3 audio files. I know this is a useful feature for Mac users and I am sure they appriciate it. But I am not a Mac user and its driving me crazy. I don't need the extra audio files. They only clutter up my clip bins and take up valuable hard drive space. So on your next upgrade/patch...for the sake of sanity...please....please....please...give me an on/off switch!!!!!

Quiet1onTheSet
10-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Hey Newtek would you PLEASE provide an on/off switch for the automated making of mp3 audio files? please....please....please...give me an on/off switch!!!!! Utterly fantastic idea, there, Dub2Dat!

Also, it'd be nice if there's a way to get the rear audio connector (that's hardwired to the Windows environment and WMP, to say the least, cut not the TriCaster Software) to serve a different purpose:

Have both the TriCaster headphone out stereo mini-jack *and* the Windows Audio environment tapping the TriCaster's VT card for audio -- or alternatively,

Make it easy to use that rear stereo sub-mini audio output (green colored) jack as an additional TriCaster Audio Output jack.

If anyone's got a method for doing the latter already, do tell, under TriCaster Tips and Tricks Forum, please?

Q1
~~
Shhhhhh! Quiet!

PIZAZZ
10-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Also, it'd be nice if there's a way to get the rear audio connector (that's hardwired to the Windows environment and WMP, to say the least, cut not the TriCaster Software) to serve a different purpose:

Have both the TriCaster headphone out stereo mini-jack *and* the Windows Audio environment tapping the TriCaster's VT card for audio -- or alternatively,

Make it easy to use that rear stereo sub-mini audio output (green colored) jack as an additional TriCaster Audio Output jack.

If anyone's got a method for doing the latter already, do tell, under TriCaster Tips and Tricks Forum, please?

uh... with audio you can use a simple Y splitter. or a Distribution Amplifier if you need more than 2 outputs.

Quiet1onTheSet
10-26-2008, 11:09 AM
uh... with audio you can use a simple Y splitter. or a Distribution Amplifier if you need more than 2 outputs.You're absolutely right, Jef. OTOH, it would be an added "neato" feature, if we could tap that audio output on that's on the rear, putting it to good use.

On this very theme, Bob Anderson reports that John Perkins made him aware that the AUDIO OUT stereo sub-mini jack on the VT card that's accessible at the rear of TriCaster units is indeed available as an additional audio output. That's a great thing to know! (Thanks John and Bob!)

The point is, there's value in not having to ad an audio distribution amp, at the risk of degrading the signal in some small way, by adding additional electronics (S/N ratio, THD, phase distorion, freq. response linearity issues, etc., etc.).

PIZAZZ
10-29-2008, 10:04 AM
The point is, there's value in not having to ad an audio distribution amp, at the risk of degrading the signal in some small way, by adding additional electronics (S/N ratio, THD, phase distorion, freq. response linearity issues, etc., etc.).

As long as you are not using some cheap (radio shack) DA. There should be no difference in quality.

Quiet1onTheSet
10-29-2008, 01:27 PM
As long as you are not using some cheap (radio shack) DA. There should be no difference in quality.
Correct. Not a discernible difference, anyway...