PDA

View Full Version : Mac 9.5 Beta monitor won't sleep

sublimationman
10-12-2008, 01:57 PM
I just started using the UB 9.5 beta on my newer iMac (intel) and one problem I noticed is that the monitor won't sleep while rendering. I render frames that take from 6 to 22 hours each and for multiple reasons I am not happy about having my LCD monitor on for the complete render.

Now in 9.3 it sleeps just fine while rendering. In 9.5 I can even use Expose to force it to sleep (hot corners) but within a second or two it wakes up. I have my CPU set to never sleep but my monitor to sleep after 1/2 hour. Been using it like this since I got this machine (6+ months).

While I absolutely love some of the new features this issue is big enough to me to not upgrade to 9.5 and continue using 9.3.

Any ideas on a way to fix this? or are there any plans on doing something to Lightwave itself to stop this?

Thanks!

Giacomo99
10-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Hello-

Check the UB forum...this issue has been much discussed there, although I haven't personally paid much attention to it.

dwburman
10-12-2008, 05:32 PM
One quick fix is to ditch the iMac and get a MacPro with a separate screen... muwahahaha

And beta issues should be kept in the beta forums. :)

sublimationman
10-12-2008, 05:42 PM
OK I give, I can't find either a UB forum or a beta forum... Someone want to point me in the right direction?

BazC
10-13-2008, 03:36 AM
The Beta forums should show up at the bottom of the front page if you have access and are logged in. If they don't show you need to contact the webmaster or someone at Newtek to get it sorted out. Forum access can take a few days after registering for the beta BTW.

sublimationman
10-13-2008, 02:04 PM
OK Thanks, I only registered Friday so I probably don't have access yet.