PDA

View Full Version : Hollow rectangle

ednachman
10-11-2008, 12:23 PM
I drew a box and used the knife tool to cut out the center. How can I get a surface to the inner portion of the rectangle?

RonGC
10-11-2008, 12:35 PM
Why not select the top and bottom polys, bevel to the rectangle width you want and click on the Bridge tool under multiply.
This will cut out the polys , make the inner polygons of the rectangle and leave those inside polys still selected if you want to assign a new surface to them. All in an easy step.

Ron

prometheus
10-11-2008, 01:00 PM
not sure of what you did exactly, but I think you should open the surface editor and almost at the end of that tab you should check double sided.

Michael

ednachman
10-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Cannot find bridge tool under either Multiply or Construct.

RonGC
10-11-2008, 02:32 PM
You may have to add it to your menu.Go to edit / edit menu layout. when the configure menus requester opens look under the command list left side and click on the little arrow beside modeler tools .

The bridge tool is listed there, click on bridge and hold, drag to the right list under multiply / extend and drop it there. a blue line shows where it will appear in the menu.

You should now have bridge listed in your menus with its own button.

Ron

RonGC
10-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Another way of making your rectangle would be to create a flat rectangle bevel, or knife if you wish, to the width you want your frame and select the center polygon, delete it, then extrude the flat poly into a 3d frame.

Lightwave gives you so many ways to accomplish the same task.

Ron

ednachman
10-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Found the bridge tool and did as RonGC suggested. Worked like a charm. Thank you RonGC.