PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Super Technique

A.Russell
08-04-2003, 07:51 AM
I've found a great looking book by Makoto Higuchi called "lightwave Super Technique." I've been hunting around on the web to see if I can find an English translation of it, but so far no luck.

Does anyone know about this book or its author, and if there is an English translation?

Cman
08-04-2003, 11:40 AM
Care to provide a link to the book in Japanese?

sketchyjay
08-04-2003, 03:57 PM
you'll most likely not find it. I have a few japanese books for LW and AM. You can basicly look at the models and guestimate based on the icons they use and the numbers which luckily are usually the standard roman numerals.

The japanese markets are their own entities and I suggest getting any japanese books from a local japanese book store so you can actually look it over. Most are completely useless but you'll find the occasional one with just enough for you to figure out what they are talking about.

Oh I should mention that they usually are rehashes of online tutorials and some ideas you'll mostlikely have read in american books.

J

A.Russell
08-04-2003, 07:33 PM
I found a link to some of his work:

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~gi9m-hgc/gallary_top.html

However, the book I'm interested in isn't on it. There don't seem to be any translations of his work, so I'll just have to struggle with the Japanese.

I don't know about the quality of the tutorials, but I like the anime/ manga style he presents.