PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Reverse Foot Rig with Joints

WilliamVaughan
10-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Creating a Reverse Foot Rig with Joints:
Right-Click Here to save (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/LW_9/Layout_ReverseFoot.mov)

One example of using Joints and Constraints to create a Reverse Foot rig...I set up a different way at SIGGRAPH but I like this one better!

geothefaust
10-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Great stuff! Thanks for sharing man! Really helpful video. I was wondering though, with that setup, when you rotate the heel, does that rotate the whole foot?

WilliamVaughan
10-09-2008, 02:48 PM
Great stuff! Thanks for sharing man! Really helpful video. I was wondering though, with that setup, when you rotate the heel, does that rotate the whole foot?

yes....which is what you'd want...or at least what I want.

geothefaust
10-09-2008, 02:52 PM
I kind of though so, and I would have tested it out myself but I'm not near my workstation or laptop.

Anyway, thank you!!! I love rigging videos. *awaits more* :D

stevecullum
10-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Perfect timing!..I was just about to try and rig my foot with another approach, but this looks a much cleaner method.

Thanks! :)

Weetos
10-10-2008, 12:34 PM
This is just brilliant ! Really cool technique ! One question though, Do the heel and footpad bone have to deform the character geometry, don't they ? From what I understood, those are just control bones, right ?

WilliamVaughan
10-10-2008, 01:34 PM
This is just brilliant ! Really cool technique ! One question though, Do the heel and footpad bone have to deform the character geometry, don't they ? From what I understood, those are just control bones, right ?

I always have them set to zero strength unless teh character is wearing sandals or some kind of shoe that separates from teh foot during poses.

Mrjack
10-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Wow reat tut
great thnx LW master

Weetos
10-11-2008, 07:16 AM
I always have them set to zero strength unless teh character is wearing sandals or some kind of shoe that separates from teh foot during poses.

Makes much sense - Thanks :)