PDA

View Full Version : Layout Question on Mac

jhogarty
10-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Good morning,

I'm reviewing a tutorial by William V. regarding using the spline control or bones to do a page turn. In his tutorial, he clicks on an icon in the upper right of the Layout window. The one next to move, rotate and zoom. It should switch Layout into the four pane view similar to what I use in Modeler.

However, on my Mac, that button/control is greyed out. Is there perhaps an option I need to turn on/off? Honestly I've never known or used it before but now that I know it is there, I want to use it. Currently I'm trying to use it with the Perspective view.

Thanks,

John...

jhogarty
10-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Dang, wish "Edit" window was longer. :)

I'm running LW 9.3.1(Mac32) on a MacBook Pro 2GHz Core Duo with 2GB Ram, OS X 10.5.5.

I'll try the same scene this evening on my Mac Pro under 9.3.1. I can try the 9.5 beta but I'm still having those issue with the dialog boxes not displaying properly.

J.

Kuzey
10-09-2008, 08:31 AM
In the display options panel, select Quad in the viewport layout dropdown menu. That little icon will become active :D

Kuzey

jhogarty
10-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Thanks Kuzey! I was going through some of my options (Edit, Display Options, etc) and stumbled upon the Viewport Layout drop down. Came back here to reply to my, uh, newbie-ness, and saw your post.

Thanks again, I feel so silly. Almost as silly as going WOW when in the same tutorial I saw the Nodal Editor. Man I've been away from LW too long, re-learning so much!

John...