PDA

View Full Version : CG jitters screen

MBoruff
10-08-2008, 10:18 PM
I am using a Dell Dual Quad Core with 5MB of Memory and Windows XP 64 bit. I am using the VT5 for live switching at our church. Everytime the cursor passes over the Cg designer, just the work area, the live screens will jitter or stutter if you will. We did not have the problem with 4 only since we have upgraded to 5. The PC is more than powerful enough to run what we are doing, no editing is done on this just basic lower third designs on the CG. Any help would be great.

Snu
10-09-2008, 12:32 AM
I am using a Dell Dual Quad Core with 5MB of Memory and Windows XP 64 bit. I am using the VT5 for live switching at our church. Everytime the cursor passes over the Cg designer, just the work area, the live screens will jitter or stutter if you will. We did not have the problem with 4 only since we have upgraded to 5. The PC is more than powerful enough to run what we are doing, no editing is done on this just basic lower third designs on the CG. Any help would be great.

5mb of memory? there's your problem :p
seriously tho, i dont know much about cg designer, and never have used it live, but if you answer some questions i might be able to help troubleshoot.

first of all, what type of video card do you have? installed the latest drivers? (yah, its a cliche question, but just in case...).
does it still stutter if you have a blank cg in the designer?
does this only happen when the cg is being overlayed, or even if its just on a camera?

what about loading up the cg in speed edit and using that instead?

ScorpioProd
10-09-2008, 01:48 AM
Well, there is no "CG in SpeedEDIT" in the sense of something like CG Designer that could be used in a live situation.