PDA

View Full Version : Models for sale???

THREEL
10-08-2008, 08:58 PM
I was wondering what you all think of sites like flat pyramid. Is this a good place to sell models that you have created? Are there any other sites that people would recommend to sell your/my creative efforts?

On another note, is it okay (legal) to created models of items like brand name cars and aircraft (i.e. Ford and Boeing) and sell them on sites such as this?

Just wondering.

tHANX for any and all info in advance!

tHREEL, but you can call me AL.

hrgiger
10-08-2008, 09:03 PM
I've had a couple models up on Turbosquid for the last few years and get checks in the mail several times a year. Pretty nice deal for no further effort on my part. Haven't tried any other sites.
It's hard to say as far as the name brand things go. You see it all the time, obviously most things like aircraft, cars and such have a copyright on them but people still sell them there. I'm not sure what the exact stand on that is.

THREEL
10-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Something that makes me a little hesitant to use flat pyramid is that they tell you that you get 55% of your model price, or up to a certain %. That two word term "up to" kind of makes me leary.

AL

hrgiger
10-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Well, turbosquid is a straight 50/50. Yeah, whenever the term 'up to' or 'as much as' or 'potentially' is used, I'd be suspect.

THREEL
10-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Well, turbosquid is a straight 50/50. Yeah, whenever the term 'up to' or 'as much as' or 'potentially' is used, I'd be suspect.

Do you set your price, or do they? Do you double it to take care of the 50/50split? How do you determine a good selling price?

I know, that's a lot of questions. :D

shrox
10-08-2008, 09:24 PM
http://www.foundation3d.com/

THREEL
10-08-2008, 09:28 PM
http://www.foundation3d.com/

How does this one work, shrox?

Lewis
10-09-2008, 03:37 AM
F3D is much more fair you get way more than 50% and you set price as you want.

THREEL
10-10-2008, 04:46 AM
F3D is much more fair you get way more than 50% and you set price as you want.

How does F3D work for selling models, exactly? It seems as though there wasn't very many models for sale. Is this a newer source for selling them?

I talked to a local :lwicon: friend of mine last night. He said that some of these sites require your SS #, supposedly for tax reasons. With identity theft running rampant these days, I'm concerned about giving that kind of info out. How can I be assured that this info, along with any models I put up for sale, will be safe with them?

AL

Lewis
10-10-2008, 05:05 AM
Youd need to contact Bob Mckain on F3D to get answer for your questions but yes F3D is newer resource for that and it has very secure STORE system.

THREEL
10-10-2008, 05:16 AM
Youd need to contact Bob Mckain on F3D to get answer for your questions but yes F3D is newer resource for that and it has very secure STORE system.

tHANX, Lewis!