PDA

View Full Version : Question about the upgrade to Lightwave 8 and DFX+ bundle

wtdedula
08-04-2003, 06:44 AM
Hello All;
I have recently upgraded from LW 7.5 to LW8 plus the DFX+ bundle. I have received DFX+ but a copy of any version of Lightwave was NOT in the box ! This makes sense since I already have 7.5 but LW 8 isn't out yet.

My question is ... since I have not received any Lightwave copy yet, will I be getting a separate physical shipment of LW8 when it ships, or will I only be getting a Electronic Update as some vendors suggest ? I ordered this directly from Newtek, not a reseller.

I hope I can expect a separate shipment with the CD's and full printed manual rather than its electronic counterpart.

Tim

mrunion
08-04-2003, 10:17 AM
Not that I'm an expert by any means, but I think to get a manual you have to order the "convenience upgrade" for an additional $99.

Again, I am NOT sure about this!!!! PLEASE don't take this as gospel, it's just what I've interpreted from reading all the posts.

:confused:

stuart_tetley
08-04-2003, 03:34 PM
Not that I'm an expert either, but I believe this is how it works:

If you just bought a new copy of LW7.5 with the free upgrade to LW8 deal, then you don't get the LW8 manual &CDs unless you buy the $99 convenience upgrade.

However, if you're an existing registered LW user and paid the $495 upgrade to LW8, you should get new CDs and manuals when LW8 ships.