PDA

View Full Version : What can you do with a primative?

Skinner3D
10-07-2008, 08:29 PM
:D:stumped: For the life of me I can't figure out why Newtek gave us a Teapot as a primitive, but since it is there I decided I might as well us it. Here is the results of my work. Everything on the teapot was created by using existing geometrey and modifying it, except the lower jaw which was created using the mirror tool on the spout.

So I ask again. What can you do with a primative? More specifically, what can you do with a teapot. :D Only use the Modify tab, except for as I did, you may use the Mirror tool once on the spout geometry.
:goodluck:

C'mon modelers :) I know there are people out there who are more creative than I, and I know there are people out there who can use Lightwave way better than I. Let's see what you got.

If we may lets consider this an informal contest. The winner will be decided in a poll starting Nov 1. The winner will get a lovely award image telling them how they are the greatest teapot modifier ever :D

WhereMyArm
10-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Ha, wow. Here's some info on the teapot: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_teapot

meshpig
10-08-2008, 01:58 AM
:D:stumped: For the life of me I can't figure....

If we may lets consider this an informal contest. The winner will be decided in a poll starting Nov 1. The winner will get a lovely award image telling them how they are the greatest teapot modifier ever :D

You've kinda put your foot in it there.

m

Skinner3D
10-08-2008, 11:55 AM
:D
WhereMyArm: Thank you for the link. That clears up a lot.

MeshPig: I don't mean to sound ignorant, but did I put my foot in a good thing or a bad thing? It was not my intent to cause any problems with the above, I just thought it would be fun.

Anyway, I realized last night that things like SmoothShift, Bevel etc are not in the Modify Tab, since they do create new geometry, but that type of tool is what I used.

meshpig
10-09-2008, 02:21 AM
MeshPig: I don't mean to sound ignorant, but did I put my foot in a good thing or a bad thing? It was not my intent to cause any problems with the above, I just thought it would be fun.

Skinner, no problem ( depending on how you take your Tea of course... foot flavored?) but it isn't a modeling "primitive" in that sense ... have a look in the wiki link for the "teapot data set".

m

Skinner3D
10-11-2008, 11:05 AM
:D Ok completely ignore the fact that I called teapot a primitive. No matter what it is called I still have yet to see anybody even try to turn it into something else.

You can make your modifications as complicated or as simple as you want, I just want to see some creative people work their magic. :D

warrenwc
10-12-2008, 12:07 PM
"What can you do with a primitive?"
Keep lighting your lighter & tell him you're a God :-)

shrox
10-12-2008, 06:08 PM
"What can you do with a primitive?"
Keep lighting your lighter & tell him you're a God :-)

Better yet, make that eclipse monster give back the sun.