PDA

View Full Version : RLA export

X18
10-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Forgive me for asking a question that may have been asked. Unfortunately I've searched and not found the answer... maybe it's too basic, or I've inundated myself with too much information to actually understand it when I've read it.

How does one actually export an RLA file?
I need to get just 30 seconds of LW (9.3.1) camera motion into AE.
I've gotten as far as to only use the Extended RLA export in the Processing window. Is there another way to export from there vs using the Render Globals tab.

I've rendered an RGB image sequence, but it doesn't stand to reason for me that I would have to import 900 image files into AE for camera tracking... or maybe this is the case, I really don't know.

I'm new to rendering anything of great length so any help would be appreciated. Unfortunately the only thing I can think of after this is to Motion Track multiple objects for the data.

Thanks in advance.
X18

Mr_Q
10-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Buy Transmotion. It's cheap and highly effective for LW to AFX and many other 2D apps. It's also easy to use.

http://www.ats-3d.com/index.html#TransMotion%20Utilities%20%20Pack

raw-m
10-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Has anyone tested this in LW 9.5 on an Intel Mac? I'll get it if it works! Really like the AE to LW combination as well, especially if you're using roving keyframes in AE.

skate23
10-08-2008, 07:15 AM
yes, very interesting...also wondering about the 9.5 mac UB compatability- latest version says compatible with 7.x-9.x
guess i gotta suck it and see

goodrichm
10-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Recommend send an email and ask its creator Al Street: [email protected]

Mr_Q
10-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Works fine under 9.5 Vista 32/64.

Amhras
10-09-2008, 08:28 AM
Forgive me for asking a question that may have been asked. Unfortunately I've searched and not found the answer... maybe it's too basic, or I've inundated myself with too much information to actually understand it when I've read it.

How does one actually export an RLA file?
I need to get just 30 seconds of LW (9.3.1) camera motion into AE.
I've gotten as far as to only use the Extended RLA export in the Processing window. Is there another way to export from there vs using the Render Globals tab.

I've rendered an RGB image sequence, but it doesn't stand to reason for me that I would have to import 900 image files into AE for camera tracking... or maybe this is the case, I really don't know.

I'm new to rendering anything of great length so any help would be appreciated. Unfortunately the only thing I can think of after this is to Motion Track multiple objects for the data.

Thanks in advance.
X18

I dunno 'bout v9.3, as I switched straight from 8.5 to 9.5, but in 9.5 all you need to do is add the "Extended RLA" Image Filter in the Image Processing window and you'll have it.

If you need to camera motion data exported, you can export to RPF(right under the RLA export) which will allow you assign an AE camera the motion of your layout camera, tho there is a little screwy-ness with coordinates (last time I did it, AE rotated my camera path from the z axis to the x axis, tho it was no biggie, I just constructed my comp sideways :) )

X18
10-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Hi all. Thanks for your responses.
I ended up speaking with Al Street and he set me up with the transmotion plugins for LW 9.3 they worked great.

Thanks for the help.

X18

fab_69_3d
10-14-2008, 09:07 AM
thks a lot for this video William

but i just try to see how to snap an item with an another, i dont see information in the lightwave doc rather than in your video (no menu selection)

can i have some information please?:help: