PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR issues with cgs in vt5.2

Snu
10-07-2008, 07:35 PM
is anyone else having this problem? the display of my cgs are getting corrupt somehow... transparency doesnt work right, multiple copies of the same text randomly appear, other video clips are getting combined with them somehow (even video clips that arent even in the project!!), some of these random additions flicker... sometimes they change colors too (ive seen them gain a blue and a green tint).

and worse yet, it seems to be completely random, and changes whenever i restart vt or reload the cgs... and sometimes they work right, but they get progressively worse as i load more in, or edit the ones i have...

changing settings on the cgs do weird and random things with them as well...
ive tried creating new cgs, and using old ones, doesnt make a difference.

i need to call tech support again tomorrow i guess... already was talking to them about the proc amps not saving settings properly.

has this new release actually FIXED any bugs, or just added new ones?

FinalCutToast!
10-07-2008, 08:08 PM
is anyone else having this problem? ...has this new release actually FIXED any bugs, or just added new ones?

For our benefit, would you kindly repost your system specs (including graphics card and CPU, etc., etc.) and name the OS you're running? Thanks, Snu. Sorry to hear of your worsening issues with VT 5.

Snu
10-07-2008, 08:27 PM
oops, didnt even think of that, stupid of me. guess i was a bit distracted.
os is xp pro 32bit.
computer specs are:
motherboard: supermicro x7da8-o
cpus: two quad core xeon e5420 (2.5ghz)
video card: jaton video-px8600gts-lx (geforce 8600gts, 256mb mem, pcie-16x)

Doc
10-10-2008, 09:45 AM
I'd also try doing a Ctrl + VT while in VT5, and then reset your configs. Reset the desktop when the message appears. Then open CG designer, and try building new ones. .

Also once you've built your CGs, I recomend you close CG Designer. Also check your switcher to make sure you do not have any DSK sources loaded, or Live Matte or Live Set running on any inputs.

Blaine Holm
10-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Make sure you are running the latest video card driver for your video card. That is very important.

Snu
11-02-2008, 01:52 AM
ah-HAH!
i finaly got around to reinstalling 5.2, and i tracked down the problem... progressive fielding projects!
this only seems to affect ntsc resolution projects, and any cgs seem to have these issues if the project has been created in progressive mode - but interlaced projects are fine. even if i create a new project in interlaced mode, and import in other projects.
ill call tech support on monday, but in the meantime, could anyone else confirm this?
just create a new project with the ntsc sd preset, and set it to progressive mode instead of interlaced, then import a couple cgs.