PDA

View Full Version : Spline Control Texture Stretch

SonicMotion
10-07-2008, 08:38 AM
I'm working on a book page flip, and I've got that working just fine using Spline Control. However my texture map stretches as the page opens and doesn't stick to the UV map I've created. Any thoughts on how to fix that?

SplineGod
10-07-2008, 05:56 PM
I wouldnt use spline control. Ive done pageturns and used the bend deformer in layout.

WilliamVaughan
10-08-2008, 05:50 AM
I just did a quick setup and dont have the same problem...can you post a sample scene of teh problem or screen grabs.

I've used Spline Control for page turns several times with no issue. It's actually my favorite use of Spline Control.

Even when I use the "Allow Stretch" option my UV map "Sticks" without a problem.

Might be something else in your setup...

would love to have a look and see what the solution to yoru problem is

SonicMotion
10-08-2008, 03:39 PM
The first screen is the non-stretched look, the way that it the animation ends. the second image is showing the stretch/sliding, half way through the page flip.

I can get it to not stretch the texture if I enable "allow stretch" but then my geometry stretches. Kind of frustrating. Thanks for any help you can give. I can provide a scene if you'd like.

Chris

SonicMotion
10-08-2008, 03:40 PM
the UV map

SplineGod
10-08-2008, 09:42 PM
Heres a very simple setup I use all the time. Its very straightforward.I simply do a load from scene for each page.

WilliamVaughan
10-10-2008, 05:38 AM
The first screen is the non-stretched look, the way that it the animation ends. the second image is showing the stretch/sliding, half way through the page flip.

I can get it to not stretch the texture if I enable "allow stretch" but then my geometry stretches. Kind of frustrating. Thanks for any help you can give. I can provide a scene if you'd like.

Chris

I have tried and tried to duplicate this issue. would you be able to strip teh scene down to that page and image and email me teh file"

[email protected]

WilliamVaughan
10-10-2008, 05:55 AM
OK...found your problem... I'd say it's two things and each is easy to fix.

Solution #1- You have your UV map set to :Reset...if you set it to "Repeat" it will solve teh problem... No need to do anything else

Solution #2- Change your UV map so that the geometry sits 100% on the UV grid and it wont matter if you have it set to Reset or Repeat

Problem solved....that one had me for a few:thumbsup:

good luck!

SonicMotion
10-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks splinegod and William, both those solutions worked out for me. Now if there was a "do what I want now" button for the client....