PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to change the persp view rotation???

Chrizto
10-05-2008, 10:58 PM
I have mentioned this earlier, but maybe not as direct as this:

:devil:Is there a way to change the (imho) productivity killing, stupid, irritating, yeah, you get the point, type perspective viewport rotation style in LW? For those that have not left the country, that would be a non azimuth-like, rolling type kinda rotating method like those found in EVERY other application I have tried??? :devil:

I just want to rotate!!! Not bank the view as I do it! Hope that somebody helps me with this one, as it is going to be my ticket to Hawaii, if I can't change it. (but Hawaii isn't all that bad...)

hrgiger
10-05-2008, 11:07 PM
I use my middle mouse button on the rotate icon on the viewport. Side to side simply rotates the view, up and down changes the angle. At least in modeler where it works in increments.

Chrizto
10-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Thanks hrgiger, but I already knew that... It's just that with my high resolution, it gets kinda cranky to depend on a little button up in the corner for making regular rotations of the view.

MooseDog
10-06-2008, 08:39 AM
alt+lmb ?

spiroz
10-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Alt+lmb behaves different in modeler from layout.
For some reason in modeler there's no option to make it
drop the banking act - a behaviour I find good only for
solving gimbal lock and developing nausea.

Chrizto
10-07-2008, 01:02 AM
That's what I figured... No way to customize the rotation algorithm...

Stooch
10-07-2008, 07:06 PM
i wish i could setup lw to navigate like maya. it sucks having to adjust everytime i switch apps.

dwburman
10-07-2008, 07:27 PM
In Modeler's perspective view, alt-LMB dragging in the center is different than alt-LMB dragging on the edge of the window, kind of like a bank constraint. This doesn't constrain the rotation in the way you want and you are probably already aware of this. I'm just mentioning it for those who don't know it. :)

faulknermano
10-07-2008, 07:52 PM
for modelling, i like modeler's nav style, because you can get into the nooks and crannies of the model and orient your model to the direction you want your tool to go (when modelling from the perspective).

otoh, i personally dont like layout's style. i wish it would be more like maya's.

Chrizto
10-08-2008, 12:31 AM
otoh, i personally dont like layout's style. i wish it would be more like maya's.

Or 99% of other packages for that matter... :ohmy:

Simon
10-08-2008, 09:44 AM
I would really like alt LMB to work the same as using the rotate widget, why should it work differently? Move and scale work the same. Have an option somewhere to turn off the banking to please both sets of people. The only reason I have the viewport title bars visible is I can't get on with alt LMB and the annoying way my model ends up on its side or upside down.