PDA

View Full Version : Hub thinks Layout still running?

roberthurt
10-04-2008, 03:20 PM
I've been running into an issue where Layout 9.2 crashes after some use, and gets Hub into an unstable state thinking that Layout is still running. Is there some way of gracefully recovering from a Layout crash to get it to play nice again with Hub?

Typical issue:

Layout crash.

Quit Hub; get notification that Layout is still running.

Rerun Layout. No longer have option to switch to Modeler (upper right button). Quit Layout, then try to quit Hub. Get same error

Start only Hub. Quit it. Same error.

What is Layout doing that informs Hub of its run status, and how can I clear it?

toby
10-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Force quit the Hub, then, unless you're *sure* you need it, or unless you're a masochist, disable it by putting it in a different folder.

sublimationman
10-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Yup!, I was told to ditch the hub awhile ago to fix a problem. While it did not end up fixing that particular problem I have found life much better without it. Many times I would get layout or modeler would seam to hang and force quitting the hub would un-hang them.

Chilton
10-06-2008, 12:13 PM
FYI, the Hub is much better in 9.5.

(which everyone should be using anyway :devil: )

-Chilton

Weepul
10-06-2008, 01:02 PM
To "gracefully" recover, in the Hub window, expand the Launch Processes section, click where it says "Enabled" (or "En..." with the default column width) and select Disabled. Then re-enable it.

JeffrySG
10-06-2008, 02:30 PM
I didn't use HUB at all before 9.5. Now I use it all the time. I've had no issues with it yet in 9.5... knock on wood...

sublimationman
10-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Chilton, I would be using 9.5 but I can't seam to find out where to get it. You want to email me a link?? tmorris9 at pacbell.net