PDA

View Full Version : Entry Point Errors

Videonut
10-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Just updated my VT to the 5.2 and fired it up. I had two entry point errors. Have attached a thumbnail jpeg of the errors. May be hard to read. Anyone seeing the same thing?

brians0105
10-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Yes, we are getting at least one of those errors upon VT5.2 startup. Our VT seems to run fine thought.

But we are working with Tech Support because our RS8 doesn't work with 5.2. They say they can't replicate the RS8 problem.

Gaiking
10-07-2008, 05:58 AM
We get the exact same 2 errors and our RS8 won't fire up either. Reinstalling the drivers doesn't help. As a matter of fact, in preferences their isn't even an option now to tell the system to recognize the RS8.

I would be very interested in a fix as we have a live broadcast Wednesday night. And we are already on our 19th RS8, so I'm not real happy with it anyway.

Jerry

brians0105
10-07-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm with you Jerry. I am having the same exact problems. 2 entry point errors, no RS-8, reinstalled drivers, and no RS-8 option in Preferences.

PIZAZZ
10-07-2008, 01:35 PM
Curious, as I am working on this situation directly with NT since other clients of mine are seeing this errror.

Jerry I know you have Dhomas's MIDI-VT plugin installed and had Bob's 3rd Channel installed on the system before going to VT5.0 from VT4.6.

Brian what about yours? Do you have any plugins installed from Bobo or Dhomas?

Quick replies would be appreciated. We are close to solving the delimma.

John Perkins
10-07-2008, 01:42 PM
I see that Dhomas has updated most of his plugins for 5.2: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89920

If you get these DLL errors, but VT seems to run correctly, it's almost always a 3rd party plugin. Otherwise some part of VT would fail to operate.

I have a potential fix for the RS-8, but I am awaiting feedback from users who have tried it. So far I have only one reply to go on, but it worked there.

BTW, the RS-8 is purposely no longer listed in Preferences.

Thanks,

brians0105
10-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Jef, the only addition to the VT I have is Kris's scoreboard skins... unless you gave us another plugin that I'm aware of?

I did at one point use the demos of some of Dhomas's products with VT4.6, but have since uninstalled them.

John, I will try the fix that you sent via email tomorrow morning.

Besides the errors showing up upon launching VT5.2, it seems to run perfectly fine... minus the RS-8.

Paul Lara
10-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Good news!
The RS-8 issue has been tracked down, and a new version of 5.2 will be up later today, gang. I'll announce when it's on the server.

brians0105
10-09-2008, 03:50 PM
I can testify... I worked with John and Paul and they got my RS8 working with 5.2. I'm still getting two entry point errors when I boot 5.2, but I have yet to find a function of the software that doesn't work correctly... so I won't complain!

Brian

John Perkins
10-09-2008, 04:10 PM
That's probably third party plugins that haven't been updated to be compatible with 5.2.

Otherwise VT would almost certainly have obvious functionality missing or complete failure.

animlab
10-09-2008, 11:20 PM
I have same VTNTAPI issues after VT5.2 installed. John is right. They are generated by 3rd party plugins. I remove the old VT[5] directory then install 5.2 and VT start without error message. If I put my Timecode burner (it can not run under 5.2) into the "Video Effects" directory, the VTNTAPI error message will jump up at VT startup.

I am work on the Timecode Burner for VT5.2 and hope to release it next week.

goodrichm
10-10-2008, 03:15 AM
I have same VTNTAPI issues after VT5.2 installed. John is right. They are generated by 3rd party plugins. I remove the old VT[5] directory then install 5.2 and VT start without error message. If I put my Timecode burner (it can not run under 5.2) into the "Video Effects" directory, the VTNTAPI error message will jump up at VT startup.

I am work on the Timecode Burner for VT5.2 and hope to release it next week.

Is 5.2 an upgrade patch to the original or a full install?

Sounds like I've got to uninstall the original before installing 5.2...MG

animlab
10-10-2008, 08:03 AM
VT[5.2] update will uninstall VT[5] then install new version. However, those files not from VT[5] will not delete. So, old plugins will still there. Yo need to remove ths old 3rd plugins before update.

John Perkins
10-10-2008, 09:13 AM
I've made some changes to the 5.2b installer that is about to be released that should remove as many 3rd party DLL's as it can find.

They wouldn't have functioned anyway and would need to be upgraded to newer versions before use. At least you shouldn't get an error at launch.

goodrichm
10-10-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks to you both for the help! MG