PDA

View Full Version : Am I Mad?

ben martin
10-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Ok people, I dunno if I dreamed about it or f I’m becoming slightly mad… but… doesn’t Lightwave have a plug-in that records in real-time an object movement?

Anyone remember that little bastard name?
I already spend one hour looking for it in LW 9.5 and “zip”… found nothing! :stumped:

adamredwoods
10-03-2008, 03:00 PM
The infamous Mike Green:
http://www.mikegreen.name/

under MASTER script, motion capture.

ben martin
10-03-2008, 03:11 PM
The infamous Mike Green:
http://www.mikegreen.name/

under MASTER script, motion capture.

Gee, you just saved me from certain insanity! A billion thanks to you! :thumbsup:

faulknermano
10-04-2008, 04:53 AM
i remember being able to do that by activating the AutoKey and just moving the object around while the playing back the scene.

i'll have a look at that master plugin though. :) thanks.

3DGFXStudios
10-04-2008, 08:08 AM
If you own vehicle rigger you can control you object with a game controller in realtime.

toby
10-04-2008, 03:33 PM
i remember being able to do that by activating the AutoKey and just moving the object around while the playing back the scene.

i'll have a look at that master plugin though. :) thanks.

Yea, I know it comes with LW because Proton did a vid tute of it. But don't ask me where it is!

Hopper
10-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Yea, I know it comes with LW because Proton did a vid tute of it. But don't ask me where it is!
Wasn't it called HandHeld.mov ?

Edit: Found the link.

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/HandHeld.mov

Cageman
10-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah... works with any object btw...

Enable autokey, press play and move/rotate the object, light, camera or bone and the animation will be recorded. I giggle somewhat everytime a thread like this pops up, because this is a feature that LW has had for a very, very long time. :)

WilliamVaughan
10-04-2008, 06:49 PM
I'd be interested in hearing exactly what the MotionCapture tool does...I've always just pushed play with Auto Key on and moved the object around..

toby
10-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Wasn't it called HandHeld.mov ?

Edit: Found the link.

ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/HandHeld.mov
Xlnt work

It's not *that* old, it was added during the [8.x] cycle right?

Ztreem
10-05-2008, 04:56 AM
I think you refer to the IK boost tool 'Record Motion' that got added during the 8.x cycle.

WilliamVaughan
10-05-2008, 11:00 AM
The Auto Key record animation has been there since Autokey to my knowledge

toby
10-05-2008, 11:41 AM
The Auto Key record animation has been there since Autokey to my knowledge
Omg that totally makes sense - it's not even a feature per se, it's just what happens when you have AutoKey 'create' switched on, and while it's playing...
I always have AutoKey on but not set to create keys