PDA

View Full Version : Sliders

Lottmedia
10-03-2008, 01:01 PM
OK, I saw at one time someone did a really simple hand rig using sliders and nulls for the fingers, so you could just grab a slider and say "hand open" "hand closed" or each of the fingers. Problem is I cannot get the sliders to see bones. I assume you have to do some parenting ( :) ) with nulls but I can't figure out how, anyone have any pointers?

C :cat:

Lottmedia
10-03-2008, 01:04 PM
oops, scroll down, there are the bones. OMG this is not my day :)

Lottmedia
10-03-2008, 01:15 PM
OK, so I can get the sliders to work but it can only control one item, right? So I need a Null to drive them. But how do I have multiple bones getting their info from one null?

Lottmedia
10-03-2008, 01:36 PM
(I think I'll just hold this thread up all on my own, who needs two people for a conversation :) )

So does anyone know if Pose Saver still works? I can't get it to work right but I never used it before

adamredwoods
10-03-2008, 03:33 PM
OK, so I can get the sliders to work but it can only control one item, right? So I need a Null to drive them. But how do I have multiple bones getting their info from one null?

Each finger will have it's own IK NULL GOAL.

Then, take another null, and have all the IK NULL GOALS parented to this MAIN HAND NULL.

Lottmedia
10-03-2008, 08:06 PM
http://www.geocities.com/rgkovach/sdk_tut.htm

found the original page through sheer dumb luck :)
this way you don't have to fuss with IK

Lottmedia
10-03-2008, 08:13 PM
what's really nice is that I found with just the Driven keys on the null, it's not realtime (needs keys and time adjustment to adjust) but if you attach a slider to control the null, it will work realtime :)

Coolio!

C :cat