PDA

View Full Version : exporting/importing camera data

multipass
10-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi, im wondering what the best method for getting lightwave to talk to xsi/maya is. Ive tried exporting fbx files and they dont seem to work right when loaded into xsi. It also seems that the plugins i used to have called merge fbx are gone in 9.5.

I read another thread that said you could now just load fbx files the way you load a normal scene, but that doesnt work for me.

thanks for the :help::help::help::help::help::help::help:

lansd
10-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Hi, im wondering what the best method for getting lightwave to talk to xsi/maya is.

I didn't want to respond immediately in case you solved your problem. Since 1994 I have provided the defacto and industry standrd Lightwave conversion system through my PolyTrans product. I've provided guaranteed LW <--> MAX conversions since 1995, Maya since 1998 and XSI since 2001. Camera animation conversion is a very basic aspect of all conversion pipelines to and from Lightwave, including to XSI and Maya. It has primarily been used in professional production environments for movies, TV commercials, 3D games, etc. so it has been well refined as of a decade ago in harsh production environments.

Some online refs:

www.okino.com/conv/pt4maya.htm
www.okino.com/conv/exp_lw.htm
www.okino.com/conv/imp_lw.htm
www.okino.com/conv/exp_xsi.htm
www.okino.com/conv/imp_xsi.htm