PDA

View Full Version : 9.5 - BRAVO! Here's why.

steamdigital
10-02-2008, 04:55 PM
- headlight - long overdue and is WONDERFUL for scenes built with radiosity in mind
- Render Q - I usually ran multiple instances of LW to achieve what this does.
- radiosity speed - cache seems slow at times, but without cache I get very fast results
- bones - they look better and are easier to deal with

and my favorite LW 9.5 feature:

- collect - again, long overdue, but awesome.

mav3rick
10-02-2008, 05:32 PM
isn't headl in 5.1?

Mat
10-02-2008, 06:26 PM
here is why I love 9.5

-Bones are looking great.
-faster rendering speeds with radiosity.
-fiberFX
-new lights, fav spherical. increased quality settings.
-SSS + SSS2:)

adamredwoods
10-03-2008, 02:24 PM
After viewing many threads liek this, I find it interesting that everyone has different opinions on the features NewTek added.

Shows that people have very different workflows.

jasonwestmas
10-03-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah, half of this stuff added to lightwave i would never think of asking for. Even then, a lot of these features are kind of nice I guess.

virtualcomposer
10-03-2008, 03:00 PM
I think there will always be someone unhappy with a product no matter how great it is. I've learned that someone will complain about a product and compare to another and yeah, maybe that other product has something better in the thing they are comparing it to but might have 15 different problems that LW doesn't have. Allot if not most is in perspective and how life is viewed. Perspective is a big thing when it comes to being happy in general.

SaturnX
10-03-2008, 05:47 PM
The door has been blown wide open with the new light API thing in 9.5...
Dpont's recent light kit for example is very cool.
The DP flood light with soft shadows, even when raytraced, gets me everytime. :)

Clockmaster
10-03-2008, 07:25 PM
The new radiosity engine is amazing.
FiberFX too.
Thumbs up for LW9.5!

jasonwestmas
10-04-2008, 07:08 AM
The door has been blown wide open with the new light API thing in 9.5...
Dpont's recent light kit for example is very cool.
The DP flood light with soft shadows, even when raytraced, gets me everytime. :)

Yes, I think I'm the most impressed by the new lighting in 9.5 the most. It really brings out the shaders better imo.

erikals
10-07-2008, 04:20 PM
even though not realistic, the new muscle simulation "lightweight" looks quite easy and allright as far as cartoon characters goes. interesting twist.