PDA

View Full Version : Materials Deletion

Richard Hebert
10-02-2008, 02:15 PM
I've got a model with loads of materials that aren't used. How do I get rid of materials not being used? Thanks once again.

tribbles
10-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Materials being surfaces? They should be removed when you save (and re-load it). FWICR there's a plugin that will remove the unused ones, but by default LW keeps them in.

jaymarks
10-02-2008, 03:01 PM
I think this is what you're looking for...
http://www.trueart.eu/?URIType=Directory&URI=Products/Plug-Ins/DeleteUnusedSurfaces

Cougar12dk
10-02-2008, 03:06 PM
If a surface isn't used by any polygons it won't exist. So to find the polygons that have surfaces that you don't want on the model, go to modeler and in polygon mode, press 'w' to bring up the polygon statistics window. Expand the surface dropdown and select the surfaces you aren't going to use, cick the '+' on the left, to select the polys, and hit 'q' to reassign them to another surface.
When you're done, save the model and reload it. The surfaces left should be just the ones you wanted.

zapper1998
10-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Create a Default surface...
Then Select all the surfaces you want to change, and copy/paste the default surface to..
tats what i do if there are a dozen or less..

Michael

Richard Hebert
10-02-2008, 04:04 PM
I see how this works, thanks for all the useful tips.

Richard

Iain
10-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Yeah, tribbles said all that was necessary.

Although, if you open up the model as a .txt file, you can highlight the materials and shout "go away" at them.

Richard Hebert
10-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Dude!!! I opened the model as a .txt file and did exactly what you said and it works! OK, that was my attempt at 'funny'. Did I do OK? Actually, I missed the step of reloading the model after reassigning surfaces. Thanks again guys!

Richard