PDA

View Full Version : Moving the pivot in to object's center

gpktm
09-30-2008, 07:27 AM
In Layout how can I move automatically the pivot in to object's center.

Surrealist.
09-30-2008, 08:12 AM
You can do it in Modeler and then go back into Layout and click the reset button with the move pivot tool selected for that object. Not sure how to do it in Layout.

BeeVee
09-30-2008, 08:55 AM
In the modify tab you have Move and Rotate Pivot.

B

Tobian
09-30-2008, 09:55 AM
There is a plugin which does that but it's been broken in the last couple of releases, called 'center pivot' (gah American spellings :D) It probably works in 9.2.

Oh scratch that, sorry doesn't work in layout. likelly nothing can do that till they get modeler tools working in layout. That said. Just parent it to a null in the right place :)

Surrealist.
09-30-2008, 11:04 AM
In the modify tab you have Move and Rotate Pivot.

B

Is there some trick to automatically center the pivot though? I am not aware of one. Or maybe a plugin?

Oedo 808
09-30-2008, 01:30 PM
The Centre Pivot function in Modeler works when I first load it up, but seems to break soon after. The frustrating thing is that it doesn't always display an error message to let me know that it's not working. I had assumed this was because I was running it on Win9x.

I hope it doesn't bugger up as frequently when I upgrade, I was using Centre Pivot and Action Centre: Pivot with increaing regularity.

What's the proceedure for reporting it if it still doesn't work properly for me?

Surrealist.
09-30-2008, 03:25 PM
There is the Fog Buz reporting which gives it a case number. One of the LW threads has it as a sticky with instructions and a link.

I have been having the same problem with the center pivot button since as far back as.....hm.... maybe 8.5 but was not consistent. Not sure what makes it break. But clearly it is broken so lets fog that sucker!

Oedo 808
09-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Thanks Surrealist, I'll have to familiarize myself with that foggy stuff, shame I didn't keep a note of the error code, but even if I had it would probably have been in notepad and so lost as well!

I liked Centre Pivot enough to assign it a hot-key, so it's not working half the time is a real pain in the bum.

And dagnamit! 'proceedure', one of my most common spelling mistakes, always slips out.