PDA

View Full Version : my witch's transformation (740kb gif nudity)

Userdelta
02-24-2003, 02:29 AM
http://www.tittiwinkle.com/witchtransform.gif
heres something i did tonight, dont mind the deforms, its just a quick animation. like to hear your thoughts. thanks

hrgiger
02-24-2003, 02:46 AM
User,

Nice modeling around the ribs, looks like she's got em.
Maybe it's just the angle but her head looks a little small to me.
Don't know if you want C&C about the animation since you said don't mind the deforms. Can't imagine what she's doing but her feet are slipping a bit.

Userdelta
02-24-2003, 03:04 AM
http://www.tittiwinkle.com/owsc.gif

hrgiger, yeah i noticed the feet, didnt bother fixing the motion curve though but i'll do that in any final animation :)

Demon
02-24-2003, 06:08 AM
correct me if i am wrong, but i am almost 100% sure that its a model from poser...

TerryFord
02-24-2003, 07:51 AM
I seriously doubt that Userdelta needs to use Poser models :)

Animation looks good, a bit too short to really nitpick at though :)

Regards,
Terry

Userdelta
02-24-2003, 08:07 AM
Demon: heh, thats cool. im rather impressed by some of these poser models that i see. but almost 100% sure is pretty sure :)

TerryFord: thanks :)

i spent like 30 minutes making the old witch morph. just thought i might get an idea of what you guys thought of it. maybe she doesnt look old enough or the breasts dont sag enough. something like that, i dunno. im not so good at giving character. hehe

hrgiger
02-24-2003, 09:15 AM
Sorry user, I wasn't sure what you wanted comments on.

How old is she supposed to be? I could believe that her body is a bit older. I might make her hands a bit bonier, give that woman some knarly knuckles. Even witches get arthritis. I might give her stomach a bit of a paunch, that tends to sag with age too.
I think mostly her face could use some more lines if she's older.
Hope that helps.

meatycheesyboy
02-24-2003, 09:25 AM
Hey Userdelta,

I think the transofrmation is nice but its a little too subtle. Her witch state should be way gnarlier, with more exposed ribs and twisted fingers so that when she transforms, its really apparent. Right now its kind of hard to tell that she's changing except in her legs where its pretty easy to see. As it is right now, I'm not sure if everyone can tell she's changing from a witch to a more beautiful woman.

Userdelta
02-24-2003, 09:27 AM
hrgiger : thanks, yeah i totally forgot about the hands. im definately going to work on that, and the feet too. i'd like to make the old witch look real old maybe like 120 years. i guess i will have to add a lot more wrinkles to the face and i'll work on the stomach too to see how that goes.

meatycheesyboy: oh yeah. i noticed that too, but i think that wont be a problem when i animate the old witch with your suggestions. id like to give that gnarled attitude to it. thanks for the idea

TerryFord
02-24-2003, 09:49 AM
Ahh.. if you're going for extreme crone-ness then a "dowagers Hump" might be a good idea; it's the stooped/hunched posture resulting from osteoporosis. Nasty disease, but characteristic of traditional witchy types.

http://www.stjosephshospital.net/osteoporosis.asp

Regards,
Terry

Userdelta
02-24-2003, 11:09 AM
cool idea Terry, thanks :)

http://www.tittiwinkle.com/oldwitch4.jpg
i did some more work with it :)
think im going to add the wrinkles with the texturing... maybe.
still have to do more work on the hands. might have to add some more detail to the geometry..

hrgiger
02-24-2003, 11:14 AM
Good pose User.

Maybe it's just me but the neck looks pretty long in that last one.

Userdelta
02-24-2003, 11:20 AM
you're right, though i dont mind the long neck so much, but it probably shouldnt bend so abrupt on the back of the skull like that. i could take care of that.

hrgiger
02-24-2003, 11:40 AM
Yeah, it doesn't bother me. I just thought I would point it out.

You say you're going to texture in the wrinkles. I'm a big fan of that. The less geometry I have the better. I like to rely on the texture maps for my bumps in my surfaces. Only the broad or deeper depressions or protusions should be modeled. I don't know how good you are at painting textures User but you can't find a better resource for textures then Bill Fleming. His texture work is great.

Userdelta
02-24-2003, 11:49 AM
yeah Bill Fleming's work is incredible. i've learned a thing or two from him.
cant say im the best texture painter though, I rely a lot on procedurals which I also like a lot.

hrgiger
02-24-2003, 12:39 PM
Yes, procedurals are a good thing. Textures that don't stretch or pinch, you gotta love em. I find a good way to texture is to use procedurals as a base and then blend in planar maps over top of them for specific details. I know Terry Ford does this and that's who I learned it from. He does some great stuff too.

oxyg3n
02-25-2003, 02:06 AM
Hello Userdelta,

I still consider myself to be a newbie, so dont tease me for asking this :) but what are the rings around her body for, the ones that are labeled knee and elbow, etc...

I think I know what the other items are... are they nulls to control which way she is facing or turning?

One more thing. Thank you very much for the head modelling videos, you dont know how helpful they have been. Your method is very intuitive for me and I cant believe how much easier it has been to model heads that I actually like!

Userdelta
02-25-2003, 05:25 AM
oxyg3n: yeah you got it right. the shapes are nulls to control the skeleton.
and thanks for the comments, im happy you the tutorials helped :D http://www.tittiwinkle.com/oldwitchrig.gif

Demon
02-25-2003, 10:41 AM
hey userdelta,

i didnt want to offend ya, but the model looked really like one from poser. if u did that, RESPECT!!! well done...

novadesigns
02-25-2003, 03:11 PM
Well I think that once you add hair it will make a really obvious difference in the age. Old, gray, dry hair transforming to silky, smooth, black locks would really do it :)

You're right too that the textures will take it a lot closer to your goal.

Other than that and the hands, I'd say extremely nice!

dbolto
02-25-2003, 11:26 PM
How did you morph? Two objects or Endomorph?

Userdelta
02-26-2003, 02:25 AM
Demon: dont worry, i wasnt offended. but you coul ask for a wireframe shot if you were interested.

novadesigns: thanks a lot :) i just built new hands with a bit longer fingers andfor it with some creepy long nails too, should be more intersting now and i hope the animation will be good.

dbolto: it's Endomorphs, very simple.

Meaty
02-26-2003, 08:20 AM
hey userdelta, great stuff man, she creeps me out!!!

oh, i remember a while back, you posted a model that you had done and generously posted a link for folks to download it. Is there anyway you could post that again? Thanks.

Userdelta
02-26-2003, 09:35 AM
thanks Meaty.
about the model, i took down the file a few days after. if you can get it from someone, thats cool. but i wont be personally mailing it by request, sorry.

Meaty
02-26-2003, 12:11 PM
That's okay, i guess i can't really *****, you have done so much for the community (your tuts rock) and i am sure you have your reasons. Thanks anyways.

mattclary
02-26-2003, 02:03 PM
Very cool, Delta! I like the gif with all the nulls showing, looks like she's doing a funky dance!

Poser...? LMAO!

Sinisterboy
08-14-2006, 11:32 AM
Hi pal... where can I take a look at your animation ?
Thanks