PDA

View Full Version : Sticky? Yes sure, but wrong side!

yaschan
09-29-2008, 08:01 PM
I start to feel like a real novice. For a while I felt I was getting along pretty well with various things in Lightwave. But then, my attempt with bones and Sticky Surfaces made me feel..

Well, so I've got the problem. I made a terrain, and a ball and threw them to Lightwave. I attached a sticky surface modifier to it, and a sticky modifier to the ball.

Now I'm getting a ball which very nicely follows the contours of the terrain, but! On the wrong side.
I tried with box, same result. The ball follows the box surface, but inside.

I guess I'm missing something here, big time..

JMCarrigan
09-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Where, in Modeler, is the ball located in the y axis? It needs to Rest on Ground in the +positive Y axis. Uh I think.

JMCarrigan
09-29-2008, 10:10 PM
Here's images just in case.

Surrealist.
09-29-2008, 11:05 PM
Yeah. Sticky sticks the pivot point not the object surface.

yaschan
09-30-2008, 02:51 AM
oh oh! It must be the case. I didn't take this to consideration. I must lift the ball in modeler and get back..
Thanks!

yaschan
09-30-2008, 03:22 AM
By the way, what does Dr.Wheel Rotator think about sticky bumpy surfaces?

Surrealist.
09-30-2008, 05:29 AM
Not sure about Dr wheel but I tried cyclist. To get the wheel to rotate you have to parent it to a null that sits at 0 on the y. Then the wheel can rotate on its center axis. Problem I was having was getting cyclist, parenting and the sticky plugin to all work together. Good luck with it. Maybe you can get something to work. One thing you can do also rather than sticky surface on the wheel is textured motion. Use the same texture as the terrain to move the wheel up and down.