PDA

View Full Version : NASA Mars Lander Sees Falling Snow, Soil Data Suggest Liquid Past

shrox
09-29-2008, 01:28 PM
http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2008/sep/HQ_08246_Phoenix.html

hrgiger
09-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Well, I'm certainly not going to live there now. I always said I wanted to get out of Ohio and move somewhere without snow.

grimoirecg
09-30-2008, 04:04 AM
I think it's already certainty there used to be liquid water on Mars at one point. There's plenty of evidence of dried up river beds etc.

cresshead
09-30-2008, 12:57 PM
snowmen!
maybe mars has global cooling to offset earth's global warming!

IMI
09-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Well, I'm certainly not going to live there now. I always said I wanted to get out of Ohio and move somewhere without snow.

You wanna trade? I haven't seen snow since the last time I was in Pennsylvania, several years ago. Dammit, I miss the snow, the slush, the frozen fuel lines when the plow pushes it all up under my car, the sound of the cheap plastic ice scraper snapping...

hrgiger
09-30-2008, 01:49 PM
You wouldn't want that snow as much if you worked for the Post Office like I do. Snow emergencies have no meaning for us. In fact, if I get pulled over by a local or state for being out on the road during snow emergency , I get to pull rank.

THREEL
09-30-2008, 09:35 PM
You wouldn't want that snow as much if you worked for the Post Office like I do. Snow emergencies have no meaning for us. In fact, if I get pulled over by a local or state for being out on the road during snow emergency , I get to pull rank.

"Neither rain nor snow, nor sleet nor dark of night shall stay these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

How 'bout lipsticked, sunglassed pig? Would that stop the mail :D

But seriously, I used to love to play out in the snow, but I'm on a blood thinner now, and it just gets too cold out there these days.

hrgiger
09-30-2008, 10:00 PM
How 'bout lipsticked, sunglassed pig? Would that stop the mail :D

I don't know what you're talking about.;)

geothefaust
09-30-2008, 10:59 PM
Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?

Err... Anyway, yeah. I read that and got pretty excited. Especially with all of the other recent findings, it's another brick in the pile to warrant Mars colonization.