PDA

View Full Version : ZBrush for Mac OS X Today

BlueApple
09-29-2008, 10:51 AM
So, the new version of ZBrush is available today. How many of you Mac users have bought this, and who has actually gotten it installed?

I sent in my upgrade registration last night but it sounds like it could take a few days to process. Have any of you gotten an email from Pixologic with your upgrade yet?

JeffrySG
09-29-2008, 11:23 AM
As much as I'd like to get ZB, I just don't see a need for the type of work that I do right now. Please let us know how you think it runs on the Mac once you get it though Adam! I hope it comes soon.

Jalle
09-29-2008, 12:49 PM
I knew it was to good to be true, though I hope and expect to get it sometime this week, but not the 29th as promised :(

Darth Mole
09-29-2008, 02:25 PM
I upgraded my Mac to an 8-core, partially to use ZBrush 3.1 (and also it was time to ditch the G5). Three hours left in the 29th and so far no email... maybe in the morning.

gatz
10-01-2008, 07:47 AM
I received my email from Pixologic. Went through the process. Instead of a download link and serial I was presented with:

----------------------------------
There has been a problem while processing your delivery. We are already working on this technical issue and may be waiting for information from the software publisher, which may cause short delay. At the latest, this should be solved within 1-2 workdays, although it is generally much less. We will contact you immediately via e-mail upon resolving the issue and apologize for any inconvenience.

-----------------------------------

rg

BlueApple
10-01-2008, 08:24 AM
On Sept. 30 I got my email stating that Pixologic had received my upgrade request.

Between here and the ZBrush forum I haven't read of any Mac user that has gotten their hands on the app. yet. I'm guessing they have a massive number of orders to process, which in the end is a very good thing.

gatz
10-02-2008, 10:02 AM
I recieved my download and serial but the activation site refuses to go to the next step. Cleverbridge says its a Pixologic issue, Pix hasn't responded yet.

But I can say I have seen ZBrush 3 splash screen on the Mac. Considering the receipt of the activation key isn't the final step in the licensing process, pirates are likely to have cracks installed before my official version.

rg

BlueApple
10-08-2008, 08:24 AM
Just got my upgrade, and everything installed without a problem.

Initially I bought ZBrush without ever having really used it, and I bought it early to take advantage of the $100 savings. Playing with ZBrush 2 on the Mac had me a little worried about version 3. It (v.2) was sluggish, and often froze at startup*. However now that I've begun to experiment with 3.12, all of my fears have disappeared.

The interface in 3.12 is extremely responsive, the display keeps up very well with my tablet commands, and the brush displacements are well above those found in Blender. Can’t wait to dig in and really see what it can do.

*I’m on an Intel Mac running OS 10.5.5, and ZBrush v.2 was not designed to run on my setup.

Manji312
10-08-2008, 09:40 AM
I have it installed and it really seems much more solid than version 2 did for me. I am pretty happy with it, despite the long wait.

kirkt
10-08-2008, 11:06 AM
I finally took the plunge and bought ZBrush a day or two after 3.12 came out for Mac, having never owned it before. I must say, after reading the complaints related to the upgrade process I was a little wary about trying to purchase and install so early after the release. It literally took less than ten minutes for me to purchase, download, register and activate a working copy. I really feel for the current users who may be caught up in the upgrade process. It is really quite an impressive app and a joyful departure from traditional polygonal modeling.

Good luck folks - I hope your upgrades get straightened out quickly.

Kirk

user5192
10-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Anybody know how Z Brush stacks up to Photoshop CS4 Extended's 3d paint function?