PDA

View Full Version : SX-8 Video Output's????

jbcaro
08-02-2003, 07:31 PM
Just want to clarify that I am understanding the manual correctly on this item. I am very new to the Toaster so please bear with me.

There are 4 rows of video outs on the SX-8 BOB. Each row has a Y/C, Component (YUV), and Composite connector.

If I set any of the output's to Y/C then all the other out's must be Y/C or if I set any of the out's to YUV then all the other out's must be YUV. I understand that composite is always available no matter what the other connectors are.

Is this ment to be for simultaneous (sp?) output?

The reason for my asking is that I will be outputing video to 2 decks (not at the same time) and 1 monitor. One of the decks supports input of YUV, Y/C, and composite. I would like to use YUV for recording to this deck. The other deck has inputs for Y/C and composite and the monitor supports all three inputs like the first deck.

I just haven't been able to find anything that give suggestions on how best to setup in's and out's on the BOB.

Hope someone can give some insight.

Thx...jbcaro

kleima
08-25-2003, 07:14 PM
Yes, I believe you are correct. You could set the output to component, and then use an adapter to get back to Y/C for the other deck.