PDA

View Full Version : Bad edge UV Texture map - why??

pearlwaterdrops
09-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Hi, all.

I'm trying to create a baked texture using a UV map.
I used Atlas map type in the Create UV Texture Map settings with Relative Gap Size of 20%.

In Layout I set the SurfaceBaker (please see screenshots of my settings)
Every time I bake I get an image that has jagged edges (see texture map). You can see bad edges when I apply the baked texture onto the model.

Any suggestions? Thank you. :)

Sensei
09-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Common baking problem. If you would render without anti-aliasing and without mipmap interpolation you should see that renderer takes black pixels from image. LightWave v9.x Surface Baking Camera has special option to deal with this called UV Border, that "grows" the same color around baked pixel. Usually 1-2 such border pixels and no more taking black color from UV image. I don't see this option in your's LW v7.5. You will probably have to fix image in 2d painting software like Photoshop.

pearlwaterdrops
09-29-2008, 11:21 AM
I just got a trial version of LW 9.5 and I'd like to try the option you suggested to see if that will work. I cannot find the Baking Camera. Can you point me to it?

Thanks.

pearlwaterdrops
09-29-2008, 11:32 AM
I found it. It's under Camera settings (type of camera pulldown). I baked the texture with Baking camera and I'm still getting the black edges (with default settings). What settings should I use?

Thanks. :)

Sensei
09-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Increase "UV Border" from default 0.0 to 1.0 and more..