PDA

View Full Version : 1984 [Orwell]

LAV
09-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Hi all! I post here an attempt to reproduce the mood of Orwell novel.
I think we are living hard times, so I dug off the image from an utopian literature masterpiece.
Hope you like it.
(C&C welcome)

shrox
09-28-2008, 04:15 PM
It looks nice, but it doesn't evoke 1984 to me. It looks more dystopian maybe, like Bladerunner. I always imagined 1984 as the 1950's with technology just kind of added on, like "Brazil" I guess. It's your vision though, do that.

Some neat building shapes in there.

meatycheesyboy
09-28-2008, 04:37 PM
Some very neat buildings but like Shrox it doesn't say 1984 to me. Granted, I haven't read 1984 in 15 years or so but I think more of a grey dreary place when I think of 1984.

Also, I'm quite confused about the Public Enemy Fear of a Black Planet cd cover on the building. Considering what they rap about, it seems like quite an odd choice to put in a piece that is supposed to evoke feelings of 1984.

shrox
09-28-2008, 05:06 PM
I do like the pics of John Stossel from 20/20, that's pretty funny.

LAV
09-28-2008, 05:24 PM
You are right. 1984 let us thinking about England... in 1984
But I say we are living hard times. Now. So I felt me free to imagine our free world as it could be in a short time.
In other words: the street, the people, the images are in the present time. The mood is from 1984.
Many thanks for your comments

Svenart
09-29-2008, 02:03 AM
well done, I like it. Just my 2 cent: Public Enemy did "Fear of a black Planet" in 1989... :)

meshpig
09-29-2008, 03:05 AM
It looks nice, but it doesn't evoke 1984 to me. It looks more dystopian maybe, like Bladerunner. I always imagined 1984 as the 1950's with technology just kind of added on, like "Brazil" I guess. It's your vision though, do that.

Some neat building shapes in there.

Shrox

1984 was a dystopian novel written in fear of ( Nazi) Totalitarianism.

Also, for as long as I can recall, the rumour was that rather than being spied upon by the British Secret service for most of his life he was actually working for them.

m

LAV
09-29-2008, 04:22 AM
So 'what' is in the image is more important than 'how' it is done... :)
That is a success for me!
Nothing new or important in the skill needed to obtain this kind of image.
But an 'ideological' content in it.
So I must explain a little more.
1984 of Orwell is, basically, a novel where totalitarian politic system set a total control over the people.
It is a world where you are 'tracked' everytime... As we are.
It is a world where truth and lie are mixed and turned into an unrecognizable soup... As it happens, sometimes, in our world.
Obviously the lies go out from the government and they aim to force everybody to abandon the personal way to think and to live. ... As we are forced to do...
The fear (stop the terrorism, 'lost') the sex (a lot of images) the big brother, the communications of the TV news given by an unique political power(maybe in Italy more than elsewhere ;) ) the militar control (the elicopter), the stream of peoples in an electric light.
And above all the global 'must' we are forced to follow (enjoy)

It is an image of my ... black period :D

Many thanks for your comments
(Hope my English could help :) )

shrox
09-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Shrox

1984 was a dystopian novel written in fear of ( Nazi) Totalitarianism.

Also, for as long as I can recall, the rumour was that rather than being spied upon by the British Secret service for most of his life he was actually working for them.

m

Yes, I know. I am literate. Have you read any Ayn Rand?

meshpig
10-01-2008, 03:35 AM
Yes, I know. I am literate. Have you read any Ayn Rand?

Yeah, I enjoyed the "Fountainhead" and started "Atlas Shrugged" when I was about 14 ( about 30+ years ago now). I didn't read on because I figured she'd already summed up her entire romance there with Howard ( R?... can't recall) what's his name.

m

meshpig
10-01-2008, 04:10 AM
... Frank Lloyd Wright.