PDA

View Full Version : Working with bezier handles in graph editor...

cbandla
09-28-2008, 10:47 AM
I must be missing something. I change a keyframe from TCB Spline to Bezier in the graph editor and break the handles. The incomming handle works but the outgoing handle has no effect on the shape of the curve. It's my understanding that I should be able to edit the curve with both handles to create a cusp. I've tried this on both 9.3.1 and 9.5 on several windows xp pro machines with the same result. What am i missing?

Charles Bandla
Edinboro pa

Surrealist.
09-28-2008, 01:06 PM
I can recreate that effect by making the next key be a TCB Spline. Switching back and forth between Bezier and TCB on the next key turns it on and off predictably for the outgoing handle. So not knowing any more, I'd guess that incoming curve means just that. You are setting the incoming curve to Bezier and the outgoing curve can only be edited as a Bezier if the next one is a Bezier. Someone with some knowledge of this could answer better than I. That is my best guess.

cbandla
09-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Surrealist,

Your guess is gold. I converted all the keys to bezier and sure enough the input and output handle worked just as expected. Thanks for the jog.

Charles Bandla

Surrealist.
09-28-2008, 11:32 PM
No Problem. Glad that sorted it out for you. :)