PDA

View Full Version : Hypervoxels

jaxtone
09-28-2008, 06:42 AM
Is there any known issues to speed up Hypervoxels in LW 9.5!

Itīs extremely slow...

prometheus
10-01-2008, 09:52 AM
number one..use viper to tweak, fastest mode is mosaic,followed by draft and best setting is normal..use low resolution if you can get away with it such as 320x240.

for the actual hypervoxels, turn off texture shadows, and preferably also volumetric shadows. use gradients in the lumonosity,opacity channels, even density channel can help.

try and have as high opacity value as you can that will stop the light from
travel inside the volume and it will be faster to render, you will however miss out on the nice light scattering to some degree.

if you lower your hypervoxels thickness..it will slow down the render so same principle as opacity.
then theres the hypervoxels smoothness..and in this case you shouldnt have a to high value..it will render slower.
if you have to high density can slow down to.

also you have the option to set the hypervoxels quality to a range between low quality and good or best.

If youre using particles...having a small particle size helps reducing rendertimes..also to many particles increases rendertimes.
and if you are trying to move inside the volumetrics will slow it down aswell.
using a high value on stretching on the velocity channel will slow it down too.

those are the most obvious settings I think.

Michael

Rhothgar
10-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Are you rendering with radiosity? If volumetric radiosity is checked it could slow your render way down...

jaxtone
10-03-2008, 01:08 PM
- For the actual hypervoxels, turn off texture shadows, and preferably also volumetric shadows.

Can you guide me to where I do these settings? I find them in my old version but not in LW 9.5!

- Use gradients in the lumonosity,opacity channels, even density channel can help.

Canīt find these either?

- Then theres the hypervoxels smoothness..and in this case you shouldnt have a to high value..it will render slower. if you have to high density can
slow down to.

Did you mean the "Volumetric Antialiasing" under the "Effects Panel"?

- Also you have the option to set the hypervoxels quality to a range between low quality and good or best.

Where do you mean these settings are placed?

multipass
10-03-2008, 01:23 PM
most of those options only apply when using volumetric HVs, and can be toggled under the advanced tab of shading if you are using volumes.

the lumonosity,opacity and density channels are also just in sprites or volumes

all of them can be accessed in the hypervoxel window though, the menus change depending on which type you are using (sprite, volume, or surface)

what type of effect are you trying to create?

prometheus
10-03-2008, 02:01 PM
well jaxton..I assumed you were using hypervoxels in volume mode since that
is the rendertime killer.

so what are you using? surfaces, sprites, or volumes
If you are using volume..just go throu the tabs one by one..and you should find them? but I might be able to guide you if I know what mode your using.

Michael