PDA

View Full Version : New User Perspective rotation question

gumbytrain
09-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Hi,

I'm a very new user to Lightwave, but I've been using other 3d apps like Max and Maya for several years.

One thing that I'm tyring to figure out is how to rotate the perspective view in modeler using hot keys the same way you can in Layout.

Specifically when I use the <alt> and left mouse click method in modeler the perspective view will rotate, but it seems to do it all willy nilly. As if the object were on a ball and I was just moving it around several rotation axis at the same time - Y and Z for example.

What I would like is to be able to rotate the view but have it more axis constrained. Rotate the view only around the Y axis for example. Does this make sense?

Is there a way to do what I'm trying to describe?

Thanks!

BeeVee
09-29-2008, 06:25 AM
If you mentally divide your perspective viewport in four first, then if you stick close to the horizontal axis you will rotate about the Y axis. Sticking close the the vertical axis will rotate about the X axis, and anywhere else will add in more or less Z axis rotation.

B

Oedo 808
09-29-2008, 10:05 AM
I would love to be able to assign a shortcut key to do the rotation as if you were clicking the perspective viewport icon.

BeeVee, make it so!

And while you're working your magic there; hint, hint, hint. (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88239&page=2)

gumbytrain
09-29-2008, 07:28 PM
That's pretty close to what I was looking for. Thanks!

If you mentally divide your perspective viewport in four first, then if you stick close to the horizontal axis you will rotate about the Y axis. Sticking close the the vertical axis will rotate about the X axis, and anywhere else will add in more or less Z axis rotation.

B