PDA

View Full Version : Liquid and water

jaxtone
09-27-2008, 04:05 AM
Hi!

Any one else who feels that "Liquid and Water" parts is a missing link in the Lightwave software?

safarifx
09-27-2008, 04:12 AM
Hi!

Any one else who feels that "Liquid and Water" parts is a missing link in the Lightwave software?

its easy to create with lightwave.for the rest take "realflow" and import the data to lightwave for integrating & rendering in your lw szene.

snip safx

jaxtone
09-27-2008, 03:56 PM
Hey!

Stop for now, what do you mean by "it´s easy" and "for the rest TAKE Realflow?

I thought that the Realflow license was worth at least 2000 Euro´s for a double processor and 2500 Euro´s for a quad processor... but now you make me so lucky. You actually mean its just to take it?

Just kidding... but with all respect I don´t think everyone flashing about expensive extra plugins are running licensed versions... I am no moral executioner but if you read my question once more you´ll see that I asked if some one else felt that "Liquid and Water" parts is a missing link in the Lightwave software?

Lightwave software means functions that exist in the software with no extra expensive plugins added at all!

Blessed
09-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Yes that is missing, and until Lightwave gets a good water plug in i am going to try and see if I can get Blender's fluid simulator to work with Lightwave and it's free and a pretty good fluid sim.

3D Kiwi
09-27-2008, 06:14 PM
Check this out, great plugin. Have been testing it with blender and works really well

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88026&highlight=blender+fluids

jaxtone
09-28-2008, 03:50 AM
3D Kiwi!

Well I have downloaded it from their website. Did spend a couple of hours with it... and had a terrible head ache...

But that might have something to do with a combination of a swedish cray fish party and to little sleep!

Do you know any GREAT tutorials on Blender when it creates fluids I would be pleased!

P.S. Do you know anything about render times... in Blender?

3D Kiwi
09-28-2008, 03:32 PM
3D Kiwi!

Well I have downloaded it from their website. Did spend a couple of hours with it... and had a terrible head ache...

But that might have something to do with a combination of a swedish cray fish party and to little sleep!

Do you know any GREAT tutorials on Blender when it creates fluids I would be pleased!

P.S. Do you know anything about render times... in Blender?

The key to using the plugin is to set your start and end keyframes in lightwave to be shorter the than the simulation from blender. Eg if you simuilation is from frame 0 - 100 then set your lightwave scene to 1 - 99.
Once i done that it hasnt crash since. I know nothing about blender renders, have only been looking at how to do fluids for a specific job we are doing. There is good info on the blender website, heaps of tuts on youtube and there is also this tut

http://cmivfx.com/store/Browse.aspx?Category=6

Its not the cheapest but i have been running through it and has helped alot to get the effect i need.