PDA

View Full Version : Additional Licenses to Lightwave3D

MiniFireDragon
09-27-2008, 12:38 AM
Was there at some point a way to buy additional seats of lightwave at a reduce cost or am I thinking of some other 3d Package?

Was looking at maybe getting a 2nd license for my office. But all I see now is the $895 (no manuals version).

There is Companion Versions too, but I don't know if that includes already having a licenses version of Lightwave and getting more at that cost.

cresshead
09-27-2008, 05:01 AM
Companion Versions were for me, when i upgrade my licence...it added another licence of lightwave at a reduced cost.

an example>
pixologic enable you to buy a second zbrush seat at reduced cost...so it's worth sending newtek an enquiring email along those lines to see if they can accomodate you in that regard.

MiniFireDragon
09-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Its no biggie really. I remember now that I saw it for sure back in the 6.0 era of Lightwave. When I was 1st looking to purchase Lightwave for the 1st time. Each additional seat was the reduced cost.

I thought I would look into it now as I am reaching a point in my business a 2nd license maybe useful. But the website is sparse on information.

Sure I could email them. But I am the the kind of shopper that if I can't find what I am looking for on someone site I will meander elsewhere to look for another place to spend the extra cash I have.

And with my experiences with newteks email system and the time it take for replies, I figured here would be faster as there is probably someone out there who has bought multiple licenses.

hrgiger
09-27-2008, 10:47 AM
check the Lightwve for sale forums or check other forums. You can usually find someone selling Lightwave at a reduced cost. They might even be bundled with other software or plug-ins you might want.

BeeVee
09-29-2008, 06:16 AM
LightWave counts as a "competing package" for the companion offer... ;)

B

MiniFireDragon
09-29-2008, 07:26 AM
Thanks Beevee, that is what I was looking for.