PDA

View Full Version : PETA wants to eat ice cream made out of human breast milk.

Stooch
09-26-2008, 06:03 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26892950/wid/11915773?GT1=31037

do they really think people will respect animals when they pull crap like this???

hrgiger
09-26-2008, 06:13 AM
I don't know, Eva Mint chocolate Mendez has a nice ring to it. I'd eat it.

T-Light
09-26-2008, 06:32 AM
hrgiger

Eva Mint chocolate Mendez has a nice ring to it
Now you're talking.

The whole thing isn't as bizarre as it sounds though, drinking cows milk is, well, weird. Not that I'm not a fan of cows milk, it's just that we still don't really know if it's actually any good for us. Even the article mentions a study saying dairy products aren't good for kids.

From the National farmers union

One dairy cow produces on average, 10,409 pints of milk in a year, enough to supply 22 families with their daily pintas.
http://www.nfuonline.com/x2819.xml

How many human females would we need to manage that? the giant boob scene in Woody Allens "Everything you wanted to know about sex but were afraid to ask" pops to mind.

Stooch
09-26-2008, 06:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DsN36mz_PA

colkai
09-26-2008, 07:24 AM
PETA are like the RSPCA or Born Free, sound fine until you start to hear of the real inner workings and "ideals". I certainly had my eyes opened once I got involved in the animal rescue area.
Sometimes, there is a fine line between the "do-gooders" and the "fringe".

art
09-26-2008, 07:36 AM
They just talked about this on 92.3 KROCK (NYC) this morning as I was driving to work. They actually made vanilla ice cream from one of the guy's sisters' breast milk. They tasted it and according to them it was fine at first, but had that "gamey", "salty" aftertaste. They said it would definetely make one sick if consumed in larger quantities.

colkai
09-26-2008, 08:28 AM
They said it would definetely make one sick if consumed in larger quantities.

Which surely defeats the whole point of ice cream? ;) :D

T-Light
09-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Wasn't it on a comedy show (QI?) where Johnny Vegas brought the subject up, it was said human breast milk can have an aftertaste of meat?

virtualcomposer
09-26-2008, 10:57 AM
You can make any good thing go to far. Just like with oil. We don't want to drill in Alaska because it might upset or mess with some animals but we're not thinking of many, many poor and middle class families that may not have a meal tonight because they are spending everything they have on fuel just to get to work. It amazes me how many groups out there are more concerned for everything but human rights. PETA is one of many.

Captain Obvious
09-26-2008, 11:22 AM
It amazes me how many groups out there are more concerned for everything but human rights. PETA is one of many.
If you define that the value of all animals is the same, surely it makes perfect sense to prioritise, for example, ten baby seals over five baby humans. After all, it's a bigger number.

Also, I think humans tend to contain more mercury and the like that many other animals.

virtualcomposer
09-26-2008, 11:32 AM
I believe humans are far more valuable then animals. Human rights come before anything. I'm all for helping animals and stopping needless deforestation but when it comes to families who may be on the verge of starving and the fears they may face of perhaps losing everything because they cannot afford to live anymore, then drilling in Alaska makes perfect since. At least it may help with the price of gas and food. I also think that the government would have spent less money if they had covered the difference in gas, keep the gas prices down and consumer spending up. I know mortgage played a major role in the economy but 4+ dollars a gallon doesn't help one bit. I mean, how much has the government spent so far to keep the economy from a depression? They spent billions on the stimulus check, they are trying to get $700 billion to fix the bank issue, and have spent billions in other ways. If the mortgage companies would have been more strict and not entice families into buying more then they can afford, we wouldn't have an economic issue right now. I believe it was greed that is now turning into need that brought the economy to where it is and yes, I'm tired of hearing right winged groups stopping some temporary solutions because they want to save a sea snail or a certain species of beetle. We have the technology, take that certain species, put them in an ecosystem until things become stable again.

shrox
09-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Placenta stew...ewww.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook:Placenta_stew

Oedo 808
09-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Wasn't it on a comedy show (QI?) where Johnny Vegas brought the subject up, it was said human breast milk can have an aftertaste of meat?

If Johnny Vegas' boobs were to start lactating, and I wouldn't be surprised if they already had, he could feed all of humanity off those monstrosities.

Placenta stew...ewww.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cookbook:Placenta_stew

Mmmm, yummy!

gerry_g
09-26-2008, 12:55 PM
1 – Most commercial ice cream is made from vegetable (oil) flakes.

2 – Even if milk is involved it's only partially added, most of the solids are in the form of unsalted butter. Sugar, flavoring and colorants are added and it's simmered like a custard

3 – It's called Ice Cream cos it is an emulsified cream or custard prior to being whisk frozen not because it's a produced from dairy cream.

4 – I know this cos a summer job I took as a student found me making the stuff, put on a stone in weight, no idea how it happened.

5 – Can't really see my self asking for a 42 Double D with a chocolate flake and a maraschino cherry, but I'd probably enjoy giving it a good lick anyway

wp_capozzi
09-27-2008, 12:03 AM
I prefer soylent green.

Captain Obvious
09-27-2008, 12:58 PM
I believe humans are far more valuable then animals. Human rights come before anything.
That's fair enough, but you can't expect everyone to agree.

1 Most commercial ice cream is made from vegetable (oil) flakes.
I don't know if the "most" is even true, but I just don't buy that crap. Proper dairy ice cream is so much tastier that it's not even funny.

gerry_g
09-27-2008, 02:12 PM
If you eat say a Walls Cornetto (your UK based so you should know what one o them is) it will have been made by the UK conglomerate Unilever, one of their main business interests is processed vegetable fat, they manufacture soap and ice cream (cornettos) from the same raw substance. Ice Cream is only required by law to contain a minimum of 10% raw milk and a maximum of 20% milk solids to legally be qualified as such. (I did video work for Unilever once)

Captain Obvious
09-28-2008, 07:01 AM
I'm more of a Ben & Jerry's person. They actually base their ice cream on, you know, cream.

CAClark
09-28-2008, 07:14 AM
But if you read the article, it's not quite so sensationistly dumb as it sounds.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26892950/wid/11915773?GT1=31037

do they really think people will respect animals when they pull crap like this???

jasonwestmas
09-28-2008, 07:42 AM
Since I like to eat Cows, I don't have a problem with drinking their fluids. . . lol. It's a good replacement for Women. ;)

kremesch73
09-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Too weird for me. Lactose intolerant anyway. So, don't really care either.

sbrandt
10-02-2008, 08:42 AM
I think there are three categories here:

The class of broad that would sell her breast milk, I wouldn't touch with a twelve foot battle lance.

Then a class that might be more than a couch potato looking for Cheeto money and not too bad looking, but they're probably 80% silicon.

The third class is a moot point, I'd go right to the spigot for that batch. It's warm but fresh.

jburford
10-10-2008, 09:09 AM
They just talked about this on 92.3 KROCK (NYC) this morning as I was driving to work. They actually made vanilla ice cream from one of the guy's sisters' breast milk. They tasted it and according to them it was fine at first, but had that "gamey", "salty" aftertaste. They said it would definetely make one sick if consumed in larger quantities.

That is dependent upon what she is eating, as it does affect the taste as well as the color and consistancy. Was really odd seeing my girl friend feeding our child and how whatever she ate affected him and his stool .... totally to even include his . ... being green after she had eaten spinage. The milk he drank was white, but caused him to have green.... just like mom, that is the oddity.

If drinking breast milk would "definately" make one sick if consumed in large quantities, then there would be a whole lot of sick babies around... (ok, ok, I know that is normal in China where industrial milk is created. )