PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Inconsistencies with iMac

bethel
09-26-2008, 05:40 AM
Hi, wanted to find out if anyone else using the new iMacs, OSX 10.5 with the Mighty Mouse have experienced this.....
Sometimes when you are using the move tool; as you move the object, it stretches it too at the same time! That's the strangest thing. It won't quit until you quit the program and restart. Has anyone else experienced that? Its so annoying. Thanks

yaschan
09-26-2008, 05:59 AM
I haven't had that, but have noticed several other mouse inconsistencies, for example, sometimes drop down menus don't work for a certain amount of time, and then suddenly they start working again, just like that. I have used Mighty Mouse and ordinary, eh, less mighty mouse, and apparently it's same.

bethel
09-26-2008, 06:03 AM
Exactly, forgot about that....yeah, some of the drop down menus stop working, then works again. Doesn't matter which kind of mouse is used. Have you experienced a short delay when you open Layout and Modeler? Sometimes the screen goes blank.

Otterman
09-26-2008, 06:03 AM
I haven't had that, but have noticed several other mouse inconsistencies, for example, sometimes drop down menus don't work for a certain amount of time, and then suddenly they start working again, just like that. I have used Mighty Mouse and ordinary, eh, less mighty mouse, and apparently it's same.

Thats not a mouse issue-its a lightwave interface one! Its plagued me for ages now but ive kinda got used to it....routinely click on the desktop and back again to 'reactive' lightwave!

As for the mighty mouse issue-mine has been floorless!

Chilton
09-26-2008, 07:26 AM
Hi,

Most of the time, these issues can be solved by command+tabbing out of LW and back in. We've identified a number of ancient bugs in the mouse tracking code, and have been fixing them as they crop up. Some are actual mouse event issues, and some are much stranger than that. The popup menu problem, for example, happens because the OS doesn't think our app is in the foreground. Very odd.

-Chilton

yaschan
09-27-2008, 05:58 AM
Oh oh! Great information. I will certainly try command tabbing. If I just choose modeler, it takes long time to "activate". Perhaps tabbing will improve it.