PDA

View Full Version : Collision Question...

adaminator1
09-26-2008, 02:45 AM
How do i make it so that if a box is hit by a sphere it moves according to which part of the sphere it was hit by? i know it has something to do with HardFX, but i don't know what...

Surrealist.
09-26-2008, 05:38 AM
Make the sphere a collision object and the box a hard FX object. Animate the sphere though the box and then hit calculate.

adaminator1
09-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Make the sphere a collision object and the box a hard FX object. Animate the sphere though the box and then hit calculate.

What are the settings though?:help:

Surrealist.
09-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Those are just the default settings. Just to get a collision started you can use the default. Don't touch anything. Just set them up and run calculate. If it works you set it up right, if not you didn't. But it is that simple. The object that does the hitting is the collision object the object that receives the hit is the hard fx object. If you reverse the animation and make the hard object hit the collision object you will just get it bounce off like a ball hitting the side of a pool table. Then with that working you can make adjustments from there as to what you want to happen depending on the effect. It would be a good idea to read the manual for some details. Also do a search here for dynamics and you'll get many tips.