PDA

View Full Version : VT4.6 issue now on VT5

m4a2000
09-25-2008, 12:16 PM
We've been having an average of two crashes of VT5 a day lately. Even with our switch out for repairs we had two today. I remember looking in the FAQ section and it talking about the how the Supermicro X6DA8-G2, which we have, needed a utility from NewTek to stop VT4.6 from crashing all the time. Was that utility put into VT5, and if not is there a VT5 version I can get?

tmon
10-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Hard to say what would cause the crashes in your case, but in my case, I've found that it is best to transcode .mov (e.g. to .avi) and .mp3 files (to .wav) and remove them from directories utilized from within the VT environment. These types of files have caused our VT systems to freeze up repeatedly.

Doc
10-10-2008, 09:36 AM
m4a2000,

Make sure you aren't using any of the old DVEs as they are not designed to work with VT5. Disconnect external drives(USB/1394), and any devices you have connected besides Newtek gear, power, keyboard, mouse and monitor. Also elaborate on what you are doing when the system crashes. Are you: Using the CG? Editing? Switching? Aquiring? Also if you could list your system specs, it would greatly aid in helping you.

If you upgraded your system from VT4, I'd also make sure you are using the latest video card driver for your system. Also update to Windows Media Player 11, and quicktime to version 7.4.5..

I'm not aware of this utility that you are talking about.. We have used that board, and I'm not aware of any special utility that you would need to install for stability.. The only thing you could try would be to do a "ctrl + VT" on your keyboard when you are in VT5. Then run the reset config, located in the Program Files >> Newtek >> VT5 >> Utilities folder >> "Reset Config"..