PDA

View Full Version : DVEs (and more) Web portal Members proposal

view3d
08-02-2003, 11:29 AM
Thanks to a great deal from a data center. I'm looking into setting up a dedicated server where we all can access DVE's, Ted project files, Spline Presets, Lightwave objects/scenes, get streaming training, demo reels, product trials and much more. There is a catch for me to do this. I will have to charge a fee to get enough bandwidth to do it. A Community membership. So I need a LOT of you to keep the cost down. OK How much? About $50 per year for membership. That's only around $4 a month when purchased in one year blocks. Club Toaster returns. In the future I'd like to include coverage of Digital Fusion, Adobe & Ulead products and more. So lets make a bigger community that will help all of us. Membership wont be collected until there are enough of us so all I need is the promise today. If you have an interest in joining, please send an email to: [email protected]

view3d
08-06-2003, 01:57 PM
Thanks to all who have emailed me. We still need lots of folks to make this happen. A bit more info:

The only way to have this work is to be on a dedicated server. Most webhosts AUP do not allow sites set up for downloads. I will be getting at least 1200 gigs of bandwidth and a 100Mbps connection on a dual xeon server with dual 73 gig 10,000 rpm scsi drives.

Regards,
Daniel

http://www.toastertutor.com