PDA

View Full Version : Unwrap2?

aloysius1001
02-24-2003, 12:40 AM
Can anyine walk me through using unwrap2? I tried it and can't do a thing w/it. I'd use unwrap, but it only runs under OS 9 and I refuse to use classic, why drive a Pinto when there is a Ferrari in the garage?

Julian Johnson
02-24-2003, 02:05 AM
Create an image mapped surface in either Modeler or Layout. In Layout navigate to generics:unwrap and launch unwrap. In the unwrap panel select the image-mapped surface you want to unwrap and save it out with your chosen file type.

I think the only slightly counter-intuitive thing about the process is that you need a 'dummy' image map already applied before unwrap will work on the surface.

Julian
The Mac Lightwave Resource Page
http://www.exch.demon.co.uk

fabmedia
02-27-2003, 10:29 PM
I'm using a dummy image for Unwrap2 and it isn't working... go figure . Any other ideas?

Arlen

Julian Johnson
02-28-2003, 06:10 AM
Hi Arlen,

Dunno what's up. Where exactly in the process is it failing? Here's what I'm getting:

http://www.exch.demon.co.uk/unwrap2.gif

Julian

fabmedia
02-28-2003, 10:07 AM
I don't get the black and white output or anything else. It builds a file with nothing except the background.

A

TerryFord
02-28-2003, 01:48 PM
Checked that you're in Object edit mode in Layout? IIRC the other edit modes will cause it to produce a blank image...

Regards,
Terry

fabmedia
02-28-2003, 02:57 PM
what do you mean? having Modeler and Lightwave synced?

A

TerryFord
02-28-2003, 03:21 PM
Sorry, I just checked my facts and it appears that I was talking out of my ars* :o

I've definatly had the blank image problem, I'd thought it was due to not having Objects mode selected in Layout (lower left corner), but it seems that Unwrap doesn't even start if you don't have a textured object selected, so that wasn't the problem. Sorry. I assume you have the latest version from here?

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/erniew/getstuff.html

Regards,
Terry

fabmedia
02-28-2003, 05:05 PM
Yes actually. I had downloaded it yesterday and yet, no luck. I'm selecting the image and have tried entering a new image size and even working with the existing image size, using the image as a background and not. There must be something I'm not doing right. What a week. I figured that i would try to start using UV mapping, which from what I understand and realize that it's extremely powerful. It's just getting something out so I can use it. The screen capture of the UV map hasn't worked yet either. The image is out in compared to the mesh.

I must be stoopid or have lost my f****n marbles.

Arlen

gggraphx
03-05-2003, 10:44 AM
I tried downloading this and layout won't load the plug-in. Is there another source for this?
Thank you

fabmedia
03-05-2003, 11:45 AM
Ah hah! I've found a potential problem. I turned off the Hub. And presto, it works just fine. I deleted the plug-in and then reloaded it. It worked for me and Lightwave is much more stable for me under OS X (10.2.4).

Woo hoo!

Arlen

gggraphx
03-06-2003, 10:12 AM
Anyone else have the problem of layout not loading this plug-in?

I'm on a PowerBook G4 running 10.2.4. I've tried the download from the link on this thread but no luck. Other plugs I've got so far seem to be okay.

This sounds like a cool tool to use.

Thanks for any help.

gggraphx
03-06-2003, 02:29 PM
I downloaded the .zip file on my other (sys 9)computer and now it looks like a plug-in. Hope it works....gotta stop answering my own questions;)

gggraphx
03-11-2003, 11:46 PM
test, test

enggass
03-28-2003, 12:25 PM
What's the trick to using Unwrap.p with SubD surfaces? Are there any tutorials on this subject? Thanks all...