PDA

View Full Version : Studio Set for Video Production

BigHache
09-24-2008, 11:33 PM
This is a model I made for some motion graphics from the studio set where I do video production. I re-rendered it with 9.5 and better hardware than I had available two years ago.

The sconces are IES lights, there are a few Spherical lights and Spot lights. The spot lights were placed like they are in the studio to get the same look and feel, even with the image in the Spot light to replicate the gobo used on the wall with the painting. All textures were taken from photos in the studio.

Stunt Pixels
09-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Very nice!

The DOF looks a bit weird though. The hall leading out seems too suddenly DOF'd. The desk to the right and the corner on the left are both crisp, but the shelf and items on it are suddenly blurred. Was this done in post? Cool though!

BigHache
09-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Yes, the DOF was done in post with Jeremy Hardin's iDof plug-in, which BTW is pretty sweet. I haven't spent enough time with it to master it, but I like the ability to change the DOF and not re-render. I'm also really interested in his PassPort plug-in.

Here's the image before post in PS. I did use Corona to help pop the lights just a tad.

JBT27
09-26-2008, 04:24 AM
The original, sharper one looks alot better, imo.

DOF with little in the foreground, then suddenly popping on in the distance never quite works for me, in the sense here there seems no reason to knock that background detail out of focus.

Julian.

Iain
09-26-2008, 04:34 AM
I think the lighting needs to be raised overall as it's more dull than warm at the moment.

The colours are mainly to blame but it's very unwelcoming as an environment-kind of an 80's/90's corporate feel to it.

Browns always make interiors look dark and uncomfortable so I try to limit their use.

blacksmith
09-26-2008, 03:48 PM
It's quite nice. Maybe you need more details on the floor, but other than that is pretty good!

vampmaster
09-27-2008, 02:07 PM
I like it... but then again I'm always amazed by any 3d work.

BigHache
09-30-2008, 09:50 PM
The lighting and design were not part of my criteria for this image, merely imitating what existed. It's not the most interesting rendering, but it was successful at it's intention. The floor is a bit plain, but it wasn't seen much on camera.

Iain
10-01-2008, 01:48 AM
The lighting and design were not part of my criteria for this image, merely imitating what existed.

Ah-so it is a 90's corporate space! I see :)

BigHache
10-01-2008, 11:00 AM
lol pretty much. :)

It's not my particular taste either, but oh well.