PDA

View Full Version : Fibre FX strange render

Korvar
09-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Just got 9.5, and was playing with Fibre FX. Just applying FibreFX to an object worked fine, but when I tried guides, well...

The OpenGL preview looks like I expect (the long droopy hairs are from guides, the short crop is the standard FibreFX on an object)

The render has strange psychedelic colours, and most of the hairs attached to the guides seem to have disappeared.

:help:

safarifx
09-25-2008, 01:28 AM
Just got 9.5, and was playing with Fibre FX. Just applying FibreFX to an object worked fine, but when I tried guides, well...

The OpenGL preview looks like I expect (the long droopy hairs are from guides, the short crop is the standard FibreFX on an object)

The render has strange psychedelic colours, and most of the hairs attached to the guides seem to have disappeared.

:help:

take as first a higher "output quality" for 2poly/guides.
second take a higher level for "fiber smooth".
third take a higher level of "fiber width"...etc.pp....
do it step by step and find the parameters that the renderengine have "enough data" >to render correct your fibers<...
what you have is not a bug. it is only a question of your quality parameters in fiber fx...

snip safx

Korvar
09-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Nope, going with "it's a bug". No combination of settings will get me anything resembling hair, except "Volume Only". I've even followed this tutorial video (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=755946&postcount=335) exactly, and get the psychedelic colours.

geothefaust
09-26-2008, 12:54 PM
Just for ****s and giggles, have you tried clearing out your configs? A lot of the time, that will solve simple problems like this one.

Korvar
09-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Alas, neither s**ts nor giggles, nor any change :(

Is there a recommended way to do a complete clean out, just in case that helps?

WilliamVaughan
09-26-2008, 01:34 PM
looks like you've packed it out with a crap load of fibers...how many fibers are you trying to render?

System specs?

are you running out of memory maybe?

Korvar
09-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Well, I just got the latest Open Beta, and the problem disappears.

For reference; running a 2.4 GHz processor on Windows 2000 SP4, 1.5G memory. No signs of running out of memory.

Attached are: HairFailure01.jpg (what I get with 9.5), HairSuccess.jpg (with 9.5.1). These are using the default settings, just adding Fiber FX to a helical strand and hitting F9. A single strand, so a bit boring. And just to be pedantic, the FibreFX settings panel.

Also, the object & scene, just in case that helps in some way.