PDA

View Full Version : Copy and paste keys

genesis1
09-24-2008, 12:34 PM
OK, I have a light set up to flash in a certain way. The keys in the graph editor are in the flare intensity. I want to copy the same keys into the light intensity graph as well, so they flash in sync. At the moment my light flashes with the bulb lighting up out of sync with the flare lighting up. Howdo I copy and paste the keys from one to the other, I can't seem to get it to work. I copy the keys but can't paste them.

spiroz
09-24-2008, 03:11 PM
The easiest way to copy all keys in a channel (which I found out just too recently)
is to rightclick it in the channel list and choose copy from the menu
and past it onto your other channel.
(This overwrites old keys and brings other settings as well) :)

genesis1
09-25-2008, 03:40 AM
Thanks for that, problem solved:thumbsup:

Avebeno
12-04-2008, 11:10 PM
Thank you from me too! (After 30 minutes of trial and error)

dwburman
12-05-2008, 12:08 PM
You could use also use Channel Follower or set up a very simple expression. With these methods, you can alter the original curve and not have to copy/paste the changes.

A) Channel Follower:
1. Put the FlareIntensity channel in the GE.

2. In the modifiers tab, click on Add Modifier and select 'Channel Follower' from the pop-up menu

3. Double-click on Channel Follower and select the channel you want to follow from on the panel that opens.

B) Expression:
1. Put the curve you want to copy in the GE

2. on the expressions tab click "New", change the name and remove "Value" from the value line

3. Right-Click on the Light.Intensity (yourlightname.Intensity) channel to the left of the graph editor and select "Append to Expression" from the context menu.

4. Double click the FlareIntensity in the channels list to load it into the GE

5. Click the Apply button on the Expressions tab. The dot next to Light.FlareIntensity means the Expression has been applied.