PDA

View Full Version : Another Hard dynamics question

sublimationman
09-24-2008, 01:52 AM
OK so I am learning a bit about hard dynamics. Now I have another problem to solve.

I am making a pill bottle and filling it with capsules. I am using the technique mentioned in my "best way to fill a container" thread. Problem is that no matter what setting I use some of the capsules always stick out the side of the bottle. Even if I figure out how to get them all inside, eventually I would like the bottle to pour them out onto a counter and fear as they do so they will again go through the sides of the container.

I got my best results so far with the collision object (jar) set as "advanced object" and the pills (hard object) set to node collision. It's very slow calculating this way yet is still not perfect.

Is there any way to make a jar that cannot be penetrated by an object like this. Or is this just a limit of the current technology.

I played with flat planes and boxes with a ball falling on them and it all works fairly predictably. I am guessing my problem is due to any of these three.
The jar is too complex of a shape

The capsules are too complex or

The interaction of the capsules with each other is too much for the current limits of the software.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

sublimationman
10-05-2008, 10:57 PM
Bump!!