PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic DV-2000

RayLarson
08-02-2003, 06:57 AM
I read in a previous post somewhere that VT3 is not working properly with this deck (Panasonic DV2000) for batch capture and print to tape. Is this correct?? We use this deck exclusively and are certainly concerned.

I have ordered my VT3 upgrade and am looking forward to getting it up and running.

SBowie
08-02-2003, 09:01 AM
TTBOMK this unit is not working perfectly with the currrent build. It's a popular unit, though, and I don't imagine a fix will be too long in coming (though obviously I can't make any promises.)

johnq
08-02-2003, 09:55 AM
There were 3 DV2000 users that have posted (including myself): two found that VT3 did not work correctly, one said it did. My testing was that VT3 does not find the IN points on a clip. It attempts this 3 times using a "normal" preroll time of about 5 seconds. Then VT3 backs up for about 30 seconds or to the beginning of the tape, which ever comes first, and plays from that point and does then capture the clip. Unfortunately, about one minute has now elapesed to capture one clip... useless.

John

RayLarson
08-02-2003, 10:13 AM
Well, this pretty much sucks. I hope the fix is not too far away....One of the biggest reasons we were looking forward to vt3 was batch capture and print to tape...the other, the upgraded CG.

Come on Newtek......squash this bug !!!!!

Kevin_P
08-04-2003, 08:51 AM
We also have this deck and have found it problematic with several other applications, not just VT3. It also has had repeated playback problems and does not perform nearly as well as the Sony DHR-1000. It's a shame, considering it's much less expensive.

My $.02
Kevin Petajan

RayLarson
08-04-2003, 08:58 AM
Oddly enough, I have Premiere on my T2 machine and the DV-2000 interfaces flawlessly with it in batch capture, movie capture and print to tape.

Considering my investment, I would like the same with T3.