PDA

View Full Version : I need to get in touch with Can Tarcan...

Bog
09-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Hello (especially to Phil)

If anyone knows how to get in touch with Can Tarcan, can they PM me please? My dongle was destroyed and I need to re-license my copy of Dynamite Pro. Can Tarcan's website's down and the only email addy I've got for him is bouncing, though.

I'd hate to leave a good tool out of my arsenal.

hrgiger
09-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Wasn't there a big thread recently about having a hard time getting a hold of him? If you can dig it up, it might help you.

Trevor
09-23-2008, 09:00 AM
A search of whois tools, tells his website has expired.
It seems he has not renewed his domain name.

"Domain Name.......... cantarcan.com
Creation Date........ 2005-11-01
Registration Date.... 2005-11-01
Expiry Date.......... 2008-11-01"

Does not look at this point.
Such a shame , a great plugin.

Bog
09-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Yeah, I'm asking here due to the dead website, bouncing email address and... you know... stuff.

Trevor
09-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Yeah, I'm asking here due to the dead website, bouncing email address and... you know... stuff.

Take a look here
http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=cantarcan&tld=com

You might want to try that admin telephone number.

OOZZEE
09-23-2008, 09:40 AM
I hope you can get in touch with him and give him a piece of everyones mind..... good luck.

NT please buy this plugin !!!!! and get it working with LW.

lots of us got this thing and hate the service we are getting.

Phil
09-23-2008, 06:10 PM
A search of whois tools, tells his website has expired.
It seems he has not renewed his domain name.

"Domain Name.......... cantarcan.com
Creation Date........ 2005-11-01
Registration Date.... 2005-11-01
Expiry Date.......... 2008-11-01"

Does not look at this point.
Such a shame , a great plugin.

I assumed that meant November 2008. Was I wrong?

Trevor
09-23-2008, 06:53 PM
I assumed that meant November 2008. Was I wrong?

You are right:)

That is November.. doh.
Lord knows what I was thinking lol

Maybe he will be back soon, I sure hope so.

3DBob
09-24-2008, 12:43 PM
I new I needed this for an up-and coming job.

When My payment to share-it din't go through in the middle of the night back in June - I decided to do it another day.

I am now needing it for that job and I find I can't buy it even if I wanted too!

DOH!

3DBob

Bog
09-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Humph. Not looking good. A "This plugin is no longer under development" notice or something would have been nice.

Balls. I had a showreel piece of a ship venting atmo that used this, and because of my broken-and-replaced dongle, I can't do a damn thing with it now.

prometheus
09-27-2008, 10:57 AM
well the www.cantarcan.com site is up again.
Still the same site,under construction and no updates to the badly
crashing 32 bit demo.

Michael

Bog
09-27-2008, 01:03 PM
Mail sent. We'll see what happens.

multipass
10-20-2008, 06:36 PM
I new I needed this for an up-and coming job.

When My payment to share-it din't go through in the middle of the night back in June - I decided to do it another day.

I am now needing it for that job and I find I can't buy it even if I wanted too!

DOH!

3DBob

Im in the same boat. Has anyone gotten word whats going on?

Intuition
10-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Hey Bog, Your messages are full. Can't send you anything. ;)

Mike Pauza
10-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Any news on Dynamite?
Anybody using RealFlow successfully with LightWave for pyro?

-Mike

Bog
10-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Well, his domain's back up but two emails and six weeks on - not a peep.

Dang.

Matt
10-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Every story I hear about this guy makes me glad I never invested in his plugin. Truly terrible support.

Phil
10-23-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm glad I bought it because otherwise there's no hope of achieving anything like it. It works nicely on the Mac.

Now if NT can step up and deliver a fully reworked set of dynamics/particle systems in LW 10, we won't need to whinge about this situation any more. ;)

Bog
10-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Every story I hear about this guy makes me glad I never invested in his plugin. Truly terrible support.

Nobody would give a slap if the tool was crap. Sadly, it absofrakkinlutely rocks, which makes the guy's dissapearance from the grid a physical pain. Even in it's 1.2 form, there was just nothing to touch it for LW. The fact that you could slew your cellular volumes around in OpenGL for a paltry overhead made it absolutely killer. Incredible little plugin, and amazingly cheap. Beautiful integration, seamless blend into the workflow and frankly more fun to play with than a kitten.

I'm really hurting without it, serious case of Phantom Plugin Syndrome. I haven't had it this bad since Shave and a Haircut, or maybe Superglow.

bgolden
10-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Phil,
I could use help with installing on a Mac. I primarily use PC's, but have Mac at work.

When I download the Lite version, the expanded file doesn't appear to be a .p [plugin file].
Thanks for any help.

- Brad

Phil
10-25-2008, 05:01 PM
http://www.cantarcan.com/v12/files/dynamiteub_lite_1b2.zip

results in a .plugin file for UB LW, for me.

The legacy PowerPC LW version of Dynamite 1.2 was abandoned - the release version is Universal Binary only.

Verlon
10-28-2008, 12:50 AM
this would seem like a great candidate for integration into Lightwave, or at least equivalent functionality.

Phil
10-28-2008, 05:21 AM
If you mean that NewTek should acquire it, I'm not sure that's a) possible, because Can doesn't seem to respond to any attempts to contact him, and b) desirable. Whenever I dealt with him and got a reply, there were many excuses, but after going to great lengths to support and help him out, I'm now feeling very let down.

To integrate something, the original developer is usually needed - at least up to a point. If Can doesn't respond now to paying customers with bug reports that rate pretty severely (like baked PFX effects cannot be used with Dynamite - it won't render them, screwing up any use on a renderfarm), what's the likelihood of him responding even after someone paid him for integration support services?

Dynamite seems to be abandonware, and it's disappointing that he hasn't simply open sourced the thing, or shut-up shop. In any case, NewTek's going to have to bake their own solution for LW10.

prometheus
10-28-2008, 06:58 AM
Im checking the cantarcan site every week, and always get frustrated, under construction..I wonder when I will start to loose all hope about this one.

Donīt get me wrong, dynamite could be an awesome tool but all this long development, Demos not working and no information up on his site about bugs or updates, and no responses to email just scares me away, Im not sure now, even if he would fix the bugs and improve on the fluids and particles and support I would still be very unsure to buy it..Itīs a sad story that could be turned in to a good one.

and yeah Im all for getting this intergrated, or better yet a new polished hypervoxels that matches Dynamites voxels and a new fluid system.

I really wonder what is going on behind the scenes? has newtek tried and contact him with no luck, or has the question ever been raised? or is there a new voxel fluid development going on?

would be satisfying my hopes if someone could clearify this.

Michael

hrgiger
10-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Not that it means much now but Jay said that volumetrics were supposed to get a makeover so I guess the hope there is that they will implement something on the level or greater of dynamite. Of course, how long in the future we'd have to wait for that is anyones guess.

dmack
11-02-2008, 06:18 AM
Regards volumetrics having an overhaul in LW10, I have my fingers crossed so many times that I need constant pain relief.