PDA

View Full Version : Start time for multiple videos

marklinn
09-22-2008, 09:54 AM
I have a room with 12 monitors arranged in a circle. The monitors are displaying different videos and as the camera pans around the room I want the monitors to start there movie as they come into view. Can someone point me in the right direction to make this happen. At present I am maping the video to the screens but the video frames are in sync with the lightwave frames. I need it to start at a particular lightwave frame. I hope you can understand what I am trying to explain.

Thanks,
Mark

Tom Wood
09-22-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm not sure how to do it the way you are describing, but you could fake it by adding enough blank frames at the start of each of the video image sequences so they appear to start on time. It would be a different number of blank frames for each video.

SteveH
09-22-2008, 11:34 AM
No problem for a change. In th eimage editor just change the start frame number for each movie to the frame you need it to start to be viewed.:thumbsup:

marklinn
09-22-2008, 11:40 AM
I thought of the blank front frames but as I change and adjust things in the animation I have to go back and re-edit the video. If this is the way I have to do it I will, just hoping for a short cut.

Thanks

marklinn
09-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Thank you Steve, I knew there had to be a way.

Mark

SteveH
09-22-2008, 11:48 AM
Maybe you could map one movie to all monitors temporarily - that count down frames. Then you could see graphically that monitor one has to start it's actual movie at frame 10, monitor 2 movie should start at frame 36 etc.
That might take all the guess work out of it.

Tom Wood
09-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Yeah, Steve's way is better. I forgot about that feature.